i screwed up badly. help

cajunlady1958
on 10/29/13 10:33 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I don't know why I did it but I ate a bag of microwave popcorn. My stomach is talking to me a lot ugh. What should I do? Have I ruined my sleeve? Should I try and throw up? I am scared I have ruined everything.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 10/29/13 10:40 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

I think that unless you feel sick...and need to throw up there's no point in it.  It happens...you fell off the wagon and now you need to tabulate the calories and the carbs you ingested, plan a walk, run or circuit at the gym for tomorrow. 

Just make a note of how awful you feel right now, how unfulfilling that bag of popcorn turned out to be...file it away for the next time you feel like falling off the wagon again.

What  matters is that you take whatever positive can come from this and move on...we've all been there!!! :) 

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

Fran001
on 10/29/13 10:41 am - MI

Given that you're six months post op, it's highly unlikely you would have done any physical damage to your sleeve.  Your stomach is probably talking to you a lot because it's full, and because it's not used to digesting things of that consistency.  I wouldn't advise inducing vomiting.  Drink some warm tea and let it ride.....and use this as a learning experience.  Cross popcorn off the grocery list, and work out something you can have instead the next time you get a popcorn craving.  (Spiced, roasted edamame?  A bit of cheese?  A handful of nuts?  Cole slaw?  Whatever works for your taste buds and is on your eating plan.)

cajunlady1958
on 10/29/13 10:46 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Thank you both. I am 18 months out and I should know better.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

moonglo82
on 10/29/13 11:17 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Girl, I ate popcorn all the way through my losing phase (not that I recommend that... I also exercised more than most!) and my sleeve is still working beautifully.  You stomach is probably just having a fit because it's no longer used to popcorn.  No worries... just take that as a sign that your sleeve doesn't like popcorn, wait a little while, and take small sips of fluids.  You'll be fine in a little while. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Shagdoll
on 10/29/13 12:27 pm
Hi!
You are 18 months out. I don't think you can damage your sleeve from popcorn now but it probably is causing discomfort since you ate the whole bag. You probably just ate too much of it & your not used to it. Just take it easy but make sure the discomfort goes away in the next hour or so. Hope you feel better soon.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Keith L.
on 10/29/13 12:55 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Deep breath! I eat popcorn all the time and its fine. Your stomach is making noise because its not used to the popcorn. You will be fine. I know there are many on here that are anti-popcorn but the carb count is not that bad. However it does metabolize to sugar unlike other whole grains.

Do not try and throw it up, that is much harder on your stomach than anything you could eat.

The problem is the crap that microwave popcorn is cooked in is not the healthiest of well anything, but popcorn in general is fine. I buy Skinny Pop once a week. It's got nothing artificial added, tastes good, non GMO, etc.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

candiedtamz
on 10/29/13 1:09 pm - TX
VSG on 10/22/13

You mean I can still eat popcorn? WOW...that's great news to me! I'm only 1 week post-op but thought I'd never get to eat one of my most favorite snacks of all time! Thank goodness...

Keith L.
on 10/29/13 1:20 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I didn't even try it until I was 3 months out and even then it was just a bite. Many doctors say no because the hulls can get stuck in your staple line. So don't be in a big rush, but I have not had any problems. But you should follow your doctors advice as I am a bit of a radical around here.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

frisco
on 10/29/13 1:28 pm, edited 10/29/13 1:29 pm

See Dr. Keith......

You have a lot of Newbie followers now..... you got to really, really watch what you put out there......

Now you got noobs eating popcorn..... nice !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op