Stuck!!

msberry33
on 10/14/13 7:43 am
VSG on 12/05/13

I am stuck you all. I have gone and seen my surgeon about 5 mos ago he gave me all the info needed to submit back to him to have the surgery done , but i am stuck.. Simply because I dont have transport , I work all the time and my primary doctor sucks !!! It takes forever to get something done and you always have to go there to have something  done like referrals .  What can I do its almost my time and I havent really done anything !!!

T. Schiele

TexasTerritory
on 10/14/13 8:20 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Sounds like you are stuck. I am not sure what to say. You do have to attend various appointments and get clearance from your primary. I suggest you find some creative ways to travel. But perhaps you need more time to decide if you're ready for surgery. I wish you luck.

msberry33
on 10/14/13 8:50 am
VSG on 12/05/13

Oh I am most definitely ready for the surgery , I get frustrated of the many appts but then I look at all the before and after photos and that is what keeps me going

T. Schiele

Debra M.
on 10/14/13 9:24 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
I had 6 months of appointments with my primary physician plus nutritionist and psychiatrist. These appointments were required by my insurance carrier. I believe I made 10 appointments before approval. Good luck.

DreamAngel3372
on 10/14/13 2:25 pm

Hello, Msberry...

I had 4 appts with my family Dr and 4 appts with the nutritionist. Additionally, I needed cardiac clearance, had to have an echocardiogram and an adenosine treadmill test done at the hospital.

And..the appts don't stop after surgery. I saw my surgeon and had nutrition classes at 1 week, 3 weeks and 6 weeks.

Continuing monthly visits with my family Dr to monitor my blood pressure and diabetes. I will soon be back to normal levels on both of these and so looking forward to being off of those meds.

Having this surgery takes commitment.

If you want this, you need to find a solution to the transportation issue. If you really want this...you need to buckle down and get what needs to get done..done! There is a lot of work after surgery as well. But, if you want this..you will work it out and get "unstuck".

Good luck & best wishes.

~Sheri

Keep your dreams alive. All things are possible for those who believe.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views