Cold Medicine

jiller
on 10/3/13 2:30 am - PA

I have a terrible cold thanks to my son and was not sure if we are able to take things like Sudafed. I really would like to feel better I have to work tomorrow.

mickeymantle
on 10/3/13 2:49 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

just make shore there are no nsaids in it , talk to the pharmacist, also call you pcp 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

NewNatinIl
on 10/3/13 3:33 am

my understanding is that you should stay away from "time relesed" medications. i juts had a cold and sinus infection, which i needed antibiotics for.  i took sudafed, but the every 4-6 hour one, not 12 hour.  i am a fan of mucinex and took that a few times, but it is time released, so i don't think i got the full dose.  the liquid form is probably ok as it isn't in a time release form.

Imakitekat
on 10/3/13 11:03 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Medi sinus rinse, much like a Nettie pot but has some pressure if you are really clogged up.  Best thing I ever tried, works great!  Got mine at Wal greens for 12$. Depending on your symptoms I used mucinex for congestion with the sinus rinse.  I'm not a dr though so you should consult them for anything over the counter you take.  The sinus rinse is just sal****er though.  You will be amazed how much better you feel after the first time.......hope you feel better soon......

smiles:),

Lisa

tysmom01
on 10/3/13 11:09 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

I'm not able to take pills until 3 months out and I was suffering with a sinus cold about a month ago. My doctor cleared me for nsaids. His theory is that if they didn't bother me before surgery then things will be fine afterwards. Anyway, I found a liquid sinus medicine that really helped me out. It was a Walgreens brand "cold and sinus". Tasted terrible but it helped!

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views