5 days post op and feeling great!

NIcolexxo
on 10/1/13 9:25 am
VSG on 09/27/13

I saw my surgeon today and I'm down 11 lbs since Friday! Friday! I'm so excited! If you are on the fence, I urge you to explore all your options, do all your research and make the best decision for you but I'm beyond happy with my decision to have the sleeve! It almost feels surreal, like I can't believe it is done already but I can't stop smiling! Even my surgeon today told me when you came out of surgery, you were smiling! I must have known! My pain has been very minimal, I can not lie, I was a little afraid because I have never been in much pain so I was afraid I would be a big baby, so either I really do have a high tolerance for pain or I'm just that lucky! I was up and walking literally as soon as they got me into my room and I think that has helped me the most! No gas pains, just burping! Which drives me nuts because all my life I would yell at people who constantly burped and now I have to be the one to do it!

It was a long journey and so many of you have been here for me, to help with questions or just listen to me rant! SO THANK YOU!

I've been heavy all my life, so it is hard to imagine what I will look like when the weight eventually all comes off! Anyone else have this problem? I keep saying what if I'm ugly, or have bad bone structure LOL I'm sure I will be fine lol but you can't help but wonder!

Pre-Op 385/Surgery Day 328

jenlaur1
on 10/1/13 9:42 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

congratulations for being on the losers bench now angry  Good to hear that you aren't having any issues and I hope that you continue not to have any issues.  I've been heavy for most of my adult life and I don't think I can say what I'll look like either. :) 

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Scott S.
on 10/1/13 9:51 am - TX
Big Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

VSG: 8/8/13 

meredithsmother
on 10/1/13 12:32 pm
I am happy for you. I only wish mine had gone as smoothly. I had my sleeve a day beforee yours

Member Services
on 10/1/13 1:05 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations!  You can "hear" your happiness in your text!  You go girl.  Keep posting so we can share in and be motivated by your success.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views