6 week post op update..Its good , but not a fairytale

vixkix69
on 9/22/13 5:03 am

So, along the way I have learned that it is NOT as easy to get the liquids in as you will think before you have this surgery done. I have learned that protein shakes are yucky but you cant eat enough protein to make your daily protein amount. You will lose weight but if you are a "lite weight", like me, you will NOT lose 20 or more a month, because if you did, you'd be dead by month 7 or 8. Your body will feel better at 4 weeks or so, but there will still be issues...

All in all, I wish I could zip ahead a few months to see more progress, but this surgery is a marathon, not a sprint. Like everything, this is not a fairytale but it is a tool, a ray of hope.

Nmmsg
on 9/22/13 7:01 am
VSG on 07/09/13

It's not easy but you will continue to lose steadily as a light weight.  I have and am not the least bit unhappy.  I was actually thinking today that I no longer feel heavy. I still have a long way to go but that is a big success to me.  I have lost almost 40 lbs since July 9th. I count that in the positive column. You will see lots of positive things in this journey.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

themexcellentone
on 9/22/13 1:18 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Hang in there!  You will get to your goal, but it is like you say, it is a marathon.  Be patient with yourself and be gentle to yourself.  You know you have a very powerful tool, just give it time to do what it is supposed to.  You WILL get there!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views