Band to Sleeve Revision Pain Question

KLTTX
on 9/2/13 12:32 pm - DFW, TX

I had my band removed about 7 weeks ago and my revision 3 weeks ago. I am still having significant pain in my side and especially if I bend over at all (unloading the dryer is very difficult). Anyone else experience this so far out. The pain was so bad last night it kept me awake (even after taking my prescription pain meds). Thanks. 

10 cc band - 2/27 - 4 cc; 4/10 - 1.5 cc; 5/21 - 2 cc; 11/19 - 1 cc; 7/8 - .5 cc  = 9 cc total

katie L.
on 9/2/13 12:45 pm

I didn't have band removal, but I had the sleeve surgery on April 8, 2013 and I still have some tenderness. but it is getting better. This was major surgery and it takes time to get back to 100%. Take care of yourself and make sure you get your water and protein, vitamins.

gorditabonita
on 9/2/13 1:07 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

I experienced a lot of pain after my band removal and it lingered for at least 2 months. My dr said that it was due to all of the adhesions that the band caused. I did have to wait 6 months between band removal and vsg (that's my dr's policy). Hope it feels better soon...take it easy. Definitely ask you dr during your next visit.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

pineview01
on 9/2/13 3:51 pm - Davison, MI

I had my band removed 4.5 months before being sleeved.  The band removal was worse than the sleeve.  I would be guessing that your pain in the side is from the band removal.  I had tons of scare tissue around the port.  It seems the closer the revision to removal the harder many have recovering.

Did they put in a drain after your revision?  Mine does for all sleeves but I like many of the revisions went home with my drain still in.  If you didn't have a drain the fluid would be in there until your body reabsorbs it.  If it doesn't get better they may need to check for a Sonoma/abscess.  Hopefully all is well.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jenlaur1
on 9/2/13 11:33 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I had my band removed at the same time as having my sleeve done.  If you're having pain on the right side it could be the incisions but also from the liver..sometimes it can get a little bruised from when they need to lift it up so they can see what they're doing.  it will abate...I'm still having some pain there, but not enough to keep me awake.  Feel better  >

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

danixbanani
on 9/3/13 12:39 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Where was your port?  Is the pain near where it was?  Could be scar tissue.  I revised almost a year ago and I still get twinges here and there from the scar tissue where my port was.  Just another great reminder of how wonderful life with the band was. no

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views