Seems like a slow weight loss..but actually good. Afraid I will always be fat

vixkix69
on 8/31/13 8:47 am

Almost three weeks out...I have decided to limit my weigh ins to once a week. It seems like the scale goes down one, then up two, then down three, then up two.... Ughhhh. Scary! I've lost about 13 lbs at 18 days out. I guess I expected to lose a lb a day. I know I am childish to expect its just going to be overnight, but hey, we all have fantasies! ;)

Still trying to find pureed food I can  tolerate well, and trying to get fluids in. I cant really walk too much...I am so light headed and tired.

Enough of my whine. Im so happy I did this. I ant wait to be in onederland

LtWeight
on 8/31/13 9:15 am, edited 8/31/13 9:15 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

I continued my protein shakes but I was eating sf applesauce, cottage cheese, refried beans, and all the liquids like broth, etc.  I really didn't try to puree any foods.  I also did a lot of fat free cream soups, favorite was cream of chicken.  Good luck! It is all worth it in the long run.

Member Services
on 8/31/13 9:56 am - Irvine, CA

You can do this!!  You will get there!

jenlaur1
on 8/31/13 11:18 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I think what's working for me is not looking too far ahead.  I don't think you're being childish either.  It's a pretty about face from what we/you were doing pre op right?  It's okay to feel overwhelmed and a little bit sad and even ticked off.  It will get better.  I know you're trying to get what you need in..but make sure at the very least it's a total of 64oz..and the protein, as you probably know..will help with your energy levels.  I hope you feel better real soon.  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

donnamy3sons
on 8/31/13 11:34 am - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13

I had my sleeve 8/13 & have only lost 15lbs so we are close....I too am struggling to find purée stuff as well. I just start each day new & try it again, trial& error I guess. We can do this!!!

themexcellentone
on 8/31/13 11:53 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

13 pounds in 18 days is nothing to sneeze at.  That's nearly a pound a day.  Not slow at all.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

stratusphr
on 8/31/13 1:13 pm - Plano, TX
On August 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM Pacific Time, vixkix69 wrote:

Almost three weeks out...I have decided to limit my weigh ins to once a week. It seems like the scale goes down one, then up two, then down three, then up two.... Ughhhh. Scary! I've lost about 13 lbs at 18 days out. I guess I expected to lose a lb a day. I know I am childish to expect its just going to be overnight, but hey, we all have fantasies! ;)

Still trying to find pureed food I can  tolerate well, and trying to get fluids in. I cant really walk too much...I am so light headed and tired.

Enough of my whine. Im so happy I did this. I ant wait to be in onederland

Get use to the scale doing that up and down thing. I reached goal in six months, but I did the up one, down two, up two down two....the ENTIRE time. That is just how I lost weight. I weighed every single day and three years later, I STILL weigh every single day. I've been maintaining for over 2.5 years and I still go up and down a couple of pounds, I know this is normal but if I get to three pounds above my 'comfort zone' then I know I need to adjust the numbers a little for a few days. I log my food on MFP to track my protein and calories. I lower my calories by 100 and within three or four days, it's gone and I'm back down to my comfort zone.

Keep in mind, we didn't get fat overnight and we do not lose it over night. Keep a watch and don't let the up and down stuff freak you out, it's not abnormal. I can't go to weighing once a week because I know me and I know how quickly I can gain seven or eight pounds, losing that amount is not as easy!!!

Good luck, log your food, weigh, keep protein and liquids up.....weigh and/or measure your food. Find a support group and attend, I have four different ones I attend every month, I'm a junkie, I love them!!!

"Seas The Day"      

Dr. James Davidson - Dallas, TX

Surgery date: June 11, 2010

Goal reached: December 2010

Weight loss: 84 lbs

Cathy K.
on 9/1/13 1:54 am

what is mfp

ltljennjenn
on 9/3/13 1:27 am

myfitnesspal.com = MFP

ltljennjennkiss