Anyone else just want the new you (or old you resurrected) to be the norm?

JenniferRN
on 8/28/13 11:10 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

It is so nice to be complimented, really, and I did love all the attention... at first. Now I am just ready for my slimmer girl to be "the norm".  Im ready for everyone to just accept the "new me" and get over it and move on. Sick of being the topic of conversation. Anyone else??

debk21
on 8/28/13 11:50 am - Mansfield, TX

It takes time for people to get used to the "new you", but it does eventually happen.  I know how you feel though.  Just be patient and the more people see you as you are now, the less they will comment on it.  Congrats on your awesome success (Ooops, my bad...lol).  Have a good evening.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Wildcat-NYC
on 8/28/13 12:05 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

It will happen...now when people see older pictures of me they forgot I looked like that.  

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
loverofcats
on 8/28/13 12:16 pm

It does become the new norm and before you know it, you will meet people who never knew the heavier you, and don't believe that you were any different.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Nancybefree
on 8/28/13 9:26 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

I am attending a baby shower for my husband's cousin in 1.5 weeks.  The room will be full of family who know me but who haven't seen me since December (I look VERY different now) and also a bunch of people I've never met.  I am dreading it, because I do not want to draw ANY attention away from the MTB.  However, I guess it will be good to get it over with and let my husband's family get used to this version of me.  They saw it once before, over 20 years ago, but it didn't last because I gained all that weight back plus.  They are kind and would never voice any skepticism.

I'll be looking for my accustomed back row into which I can fade, but for a different reason this time. 

So I guess my answer to your question is ... yes.  :)

Now if I only had something to wear ...  :(

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views