Toddy Coffee Maker.... If you love coffee...

christinahelena
on 7/27/13 1:52 am - CA

Hi All... Thought i'd share this info:Toddy coffee is a cold brew coffee system that greatly reduces the acid in your coffee, in a concentrate that you keep cold in thd fridge and can last up to 4 weeks... You can then use approximately a shot glass full of the concentrate and use it cold for iced coffee or added to protein shakes, or use the concentrate to make A quick hot cup in the microwave .

You basically put in a pound of coarser ground coffee ( my favorite is half mocha java to have french roast or a Hawaiian Maui Mocha)....into the white container with filter and plug in place... Pour over cold filtered water... Think it's 10 cups but comes with directions and you do this slowly... Cover container with foil to keep anything from getting in. -and leave on counter to cold brew overnight, about 12 hours. You then pull thr plug and let it drain into the glass carafe which takes awhile. It balances on top and you leave it . Store concentrate in fridge.

The first time I had a cold iced toddy coffee it tasted like a smooth coffee shake to me :)

A toddy coffee maker consists of a large white plastic brewing container that has a hole for s plug and a recessed well for a filter. You want to buy a while system whi*****luded white brewing container, a glass carafe with lid to drain your coffee into, and get extra filters and corks ( I say a  lot so  you don't have to re order, though you can reuse them for quite awhile.... Keep the used rinsed filer I a baggy in the fridge and reuse 10 x)

I got mine several years ago at totally toddy.com ( also called totallynawlins.com )

Uou can also find on amazon and toddy cafe.com and toddyT2N.com

the whole system with container/handle/carafe/lid/corks and filters should be 35.00-40.00

Im posting this because it's much lower acidity but retains more flavor and may be better on your sleeve!!

Whole foods sells a coffee concentrate called " chameleon" in their refrigerated drink section.. Dmall bottle 7,00 and you dilute to get 4-6 servings.

If you're in San Jose at The Campbell Farmers market on Sundays check out Cosmic coffee... They sell a concentrate in different sizes... I buy the 30.00 jug cause it's easy!! They'll give you a sample, and their booth is in front of the Funeral home across from candy store.

Hope this is useful information :) sorry for typos, only seem to have time to post from phone and it's very difficult!!

Christina

Shagdoll
on 7/27/13 4:40 am
Thanks for posting Christina. You know I love my iced coffee!! I'm gonna check this out!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

loverofcats
on 7/27/13 5:36 am

Thank you! I had started reading about cold brewed coffee due to the lower acid content. My GERD has been more problematic and I have cut my coffee intake. The cold water releases less acid, so it is gentler on one's stomach. Apparently, a French press also works well. I am going to Whole Foods today and will look for the brand that you recommended.

gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

christinahelena
on 7/27/13 6:53 am - CA

Happy to share... My personal transfer addiction and the smoother it is the less stuff I have to add. Almond milk versus the evil creamers ( even the sf had 20 cals a tablespoon... Grrrr).

shess1025
on 8/4/13 2:50 pm - Novato, CA
Trader Joes is selling a concentrate now...I just bought it....about $8 and it was in their new product section yesterday.

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views