Thanks to all: Disney

carebear7391
on 7/25/13 12:27 am - Wilmington, DE

Thanks to everyone who posted ideas for my Disney vacation.  I went and bought almonds and packaged them out yesterday.  I got beef jerky and also some mini bags of 100 cal 94% fat free popcorn.  I know my love of popcorn and as soon as I smell the real thing, I am going to want it so I got the mini bags to be my carbs while in Disney.  I also tried a few of the quest bars... didn't like them at all.  Guess I am glad I did not since they can be a trigger food for some. 

Here's to a great vacation!!!!

Kathy-cny
on 7/25/13 12:48 am - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Enjoy and post some pics

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Jackie T.
on 7/25/13 1:25 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Have a fantastic time!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

danixbanani
on 7/25/13 1:32 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I just got back from Disney!  It was a wonderful trip but the parks don't really have great healthy food choices (surprisingly) in the fast food joints.  What I didn't realize is that Disney lets you bring in your own food!  Say what?? I saw whole families enjoying all kinds of foods they brought in with them.  Wish I had known!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

sunny_disposition
on 7/25/13 9:54 pm - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

Didn't see your first post, so I apologize if I'm repeating anybody!  They also sell cold fresh fruit in the parks, if you're far out enough for it, it's really refreshing for a summer day outside.  Also, every quick food place or stand will give you free ice water with a lid and straw, all you have to do is ask.  Burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc, in all the fast food places can be ordered a la carte, without the fries and bun, and they adjust the price accordingly, the meals are just what's advertised on the board.   Table service restaurants can also adjust meals to your dietary needs.  Some of the more upscale one will even have to chef come out to talk to you about what you need.   Disney has lots of options that aren't always listed, and can be very accommodating.  You just have to speak up, it never hurts to ask for what you want! 

I'm actually moving to Orlando to be a cast member for WDW in two weeks.  I've been doing lots of research for how to manage, so if you need any extra advice, I'd be happy to help!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views