KWIK UPDATE

Italian-Princess
on 10/18/13 6:39 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Buon Giorno OH Family,

Not sure I posted that I had to have an incisional biopsy done for a small mass on my left lung -- was about the size of a small grape.  They had to know if it was malignant or not so they'd know whether to do the BIG surgery in November.  The "grape-ectomy" went very well last Monday and they sent me home by 10 a.m. on Tuesday.  This surgery scared me half stupid, but it turned out to be very easy.....pain meds help, of course!  The GOOD NEWS is that after preparing over 100 slides to check all kinds of "suspicious" cells and abnormal cells, they found all to be BENiGN!  I'm so grateful.  The scheduled surgery for November 6 is ON and they will commence with slicing and dicing to remove the remainder of the tumor, build a new esophagus for me, and repair my recurring umbilical hernia.

I'm incredibly fortunate.  Each step along the way has produced good news.  The extremely long wait for today's news about sent me to the loony bin -- I was beside myself waiting so long.  It was worth it............the word benign carries a lot of weight!

For now, my "job" is to stay as healthy as I can, get good rest, continue to heal from the chemo and radiation, and to eat nutrient rich foods, and to get in a couple of 15 minute walks each day.  Oh, and to continue with my breathing exercises -- when they collapse a lung, it takes a while before deep breathing stops being painful.  It's getting easier, though, so the breathing exercises are working!

Again, I must thank those of you who have been with me through this ordeal and have supported me with your prayers, hugs, kind thoughts, love, and other major magic..........it all worked together to give me the news I wanted.  THANK YOU all...........I send you my hugs and love and wishes for a great weekend!

Ree xoxox

5' 1.5" Tall.............69 years YOUNG!!!! Esophageal cancer survivor.

Sandy M.
on 10/18/13 6:42 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Ah Ree, I'm so very glad that the tumor was benign - I don't know how you deal so gracefully with all of the challenges thrown your way!  Here's hoping (and praying) that your surgery in November will be the last you ever need, and that your recovery is swift and pain free.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

jubigirl
on 10/18/13 6:47 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Great news! I will say my prayers that the surgery in November is a success and without complications.

Kelli

Shagdoll
on 10/18/13 7:04 am

OMG Ree, I just saw your great news on MFP & shared it with John.  We are both overjoyed with the news.  I hope he doesn't mind but I told him that "I PUFFY HEART YOU" (as in YOU Ree) and he said, "SO DO I".  We love you Ree!!!!!

I am so bummed that I didnt get the chance to meet you when Alison did but I have that wonderful pic of the both of you together to admire.  You are made of steel woman & I simply adore you.  I will continue to send positive vibes your way.

Thank you for keeping us updated thru this.  I know many people love you here on OH including MEEEEE!!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

TexasTerritory
on 10/18/13 7:24 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Good news~~stay healthy

Ohiogirl
on 10/18/13 7:26 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

Oh I am so glad for you - as another "oldie" - I know how challenging health crisises are as we get older - you are kicking CA's butt !!!!! I will keep you in my prayers and look forward to your updates.  Keep strong - you got this!!

Paula

Happy Gurl
on 10/18/13 7:31 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Buon Giorno to you!!!  So glad you're hanging in there are able to breath deeply enough to start your exercise.  Take it easy and know many people here send you their well wishes for a speedy recovery!

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

Nmmsg
on 10/18/13 8:01 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Hugs back to you, Ree!

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

grayC
on 10/18/13 8:20 am
VSG on 05/01/13
So happy to hear it was benign!!!
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you...

fran67
on 10/18/13 8:27 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12

That's fantastic!  

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views