Funny NSV today...

christinahelena
on 5/29/13 11:08 am - CA

So, I really need to post pictures, as I think being faceless makes me not seem like I belong here- I'm going to make hubby help me soon!  I know I love seeing others pictures.

I am not yet to goal, almost 8 months out and still have 15-25 to go.... we'll see when I get there, but am currently 145 at 5.4.

I started this journey at 215 in October.

Here's the funny NSV today....

I used to go through a Weinerschnitzel drive through a couple of times a week with my kids, 6 and 13. We don't eat much fast food, but this was usually a Friday after school  chocolate shake treat for them.  I know it was still crap and now I usually make frozen treats at home I can control. 

Even at 215 I did not eat fast food, I had type 2 diabetes and had given up soda and fast food years before.  But at least once a week the kids got a lemonade or shake from this place.  There are two middle aged women who work the window the time of day we went, and while not on a first name basis, we recognize each other.  Today, after many months of not going there, my youngest talked me into letting him get a shake. I go through the drive through and notice the one woman is looking at me funny, squinting even, and taking a very long time to take my money like she was unsure of something. Then the other woman came to the window and they spoke to each other in Spanish.  The second woman says to me " How did you lose all that weight?  She kept telling me it was you, and I kept saying, no it wasn't you, and she said yes it was you, and she asked me to ask you!"   Cracked me up.... so I told her....also told her they had made my day!

Two others that happened recently-

Asked my 7th grader if any of his friends had commented on my loss, to which he replied "mom, we dont'  talk about our parents".. went to an open house about 6 weeks ago, and two moms came up to me and told me how their sons had come home and gone on and on about how great I looked, and how they should see me. Well. I guess they talk to their folks, not just to each other!  I had just wondered if it was weird for him.

Ran into the dad of one of my sons friends at a coffee shop last week.  This is a man I likely see twice a year at a school function now, but used to see him frequently and had been to his kids birthday parties.  I walked up to him and said, "Hi Tony, nice to see you... he looked, confused, then said.. " I'm sorry but how do you know my name?"   He had absolutely no idea who I was!! I laughed and told him who I was... and then got the "Oh my God, you look great".... he probably felt really stupid, and has no idea he made my month!!

I'm telling you- this is FUN !!!

Where can I go to see more people I haven't seen in  7 months?  LOL

Not yet to goal, but not a quitter- I'll get there, and in the mean time... I will enjoy this wild ride!

All the best to my fellow sleevers on this journey,  it's not always easy, but sure feels totally worth it! Thanks for letting me toot my own horn for a moment! 

Christina

linzeelee
on 5/29/13 11:21 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
I love your NSVs! Congrats!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

defygravity
on 5/29/13 12:08 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

Those are the NSVs I can't wait to see.  I was a teacher's assistant at an elementary school this past year and am transferring to a new one this fall.  I can't wait to go back to my old school and show my new self off.

Love how your son's friends told their parents how awesome you look!  That's great!!

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

christinahelena
on 5/30/13 1:59 am, edited 5/30/13 1:59 am - CA

Id expect youd being seeing those . At the drive through it was so unexpected, they only saw me chest up! Cant wait to hear when it hapoens to you, and it will! Not everyone comments because its a delicate topic for some.

Christina

diane S.
on 5/29/13 12:46 pm

love this stuff. gotta admit i did a lot of looking up old friends i hadn't seen in years just to get the reaction. enjoy and congrats on your success. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

christinahelena
on 5/30/13 1:55 am - CA

Thats funny! I do know that at last Im not ashamed to see people, no longer in hiding!

Hugs

christina

andersmama
on 5/29/13 12:46 pm

I totally agree!  I'm a teacher and kids, parents, and other teachers comment on my transformation all the time!  It has been such a fun year!  I occasionally run into someone who looks right at me and doesn't speak.  It used to hurt my feelings until I realized that they had no clue who I was!  Thank you, God, for making it possible for me to get sleeved!  Truly a gift!

christinahelena
on 5/30/13 1:53 am - CA

Congrats to you!! It is fun!! Keeps us going!

Christina

Nancybefree
on 5/29/13 10:02 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Awesome -- congratulations!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Sandy M.
on 5/29/13 10:18 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Love it!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op