What support really is and what being supporive isn't

ruggie
on 5/5/13 9:17 am - Sacramento, CA

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/13 11:02 am

Love it!!!!! Haven't laughed that hard in a while! Thanks!

Nikke2003
on 5/5/13 11:10 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

OMG! So funny.... I laughed so hard I may have peed a little.... damn obesity-induced stress incontinence!!

J/K, but not really

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

sheranfour
on 5/5/13 9:58 am

I TOTALLY hovered over the blue letters...but couldn't bring myself to click it...I was VERY SCARED!!! ( PMSing..)indecision

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
lucy2e
on 5/5/13 10:51 am - Laurel, MD

Gotta watch.  Just threw up a little in my mouth - but totally worth getting a new recipe! (lol)

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/13 11:06 am

Seriously? How could I NOT!? That's why I'm obsessed with it! Though to make it truly sinful I would serve it over vanilla ice cream and top it with hot caramel syrup! LOL!!!!! You know, that way it covers all the textures and temperature sensations....... crunchy, gooey, creamy smooth, hot, cold..... I'll just be sure to serve it with a side of angioplasty!

INgirl
on 5/5/13 12:42 pm

Forgot salty.. which could easily be corrected by making that some salted caramel sauce.

Linda B.
on 5/5/13 8:58 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Very well said, thank you for taking the time to say it.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MomofKDW
on 5/5/13 9:08 am

angry Very well said!!! 

VSG: 1/30/13

Height: 5'6 HW: 276, Pre-op: 263, SW: 249.5

frisco
on 5/5/13 9:15 am, edited 5/5/13 5:21 pm

Sorry.....read this on my phone between takes.......long day..

Ruggs........ Brilliant.... but I would expect no less from you.....

The good the bad and the fugly....

- "I COME HERE FOR SUPPORT"....... shouts the newly sleeved......don't judge me about eating pizza, cookies and fried chicken....you don't know me and what I've been through.... I've been fat all my life, been on a million diets and I'm addicted to food......

Really..... so your just like the rest of us......?

Is the PC supportive answer:

a) would you like a Pepsi with that Pizza

b) your doing great !!! keep up the great work

c) awww.....try harder next week

d) WTF are you doing eating that crap after you just had your stomach cut out????

Does telling someone who is looking for justification for eating cupcakes during WL that it's OK.... were human..... I don't get that, and how that is deemed "supportive"

If you think your just coming here to take take take..... the system doesn't really work. It does happen all the time.....take take take.... than gone and they are gone usually for one of two reason.... they got what they needed, or they couldn't do it.

Here is the dealio.......

This is an open online forum open to anybody. Your gonna get the mix, and I for one always need to remind myself of that.

In four years have I met some truly incredible people, both online and IRL......which kinda took me by surprise..... wasn't expecting it.... you know the virtual thing......

In any kind of open support group, if you give back more than you take....you've done good.

In the four plus years now that I've been coming here.... things have changed big time.... and mostly to the side of not good.

I so believe in this surgery and want everybody to get out of it what I did and more. But as more and more surgeons have been doing this non-standardized procedure with a target of 50-60% EWL....with surgeries and eating plans that reflect that.... there is going to be conflict in approaches.

A couple months ago I made a post and was confronted by a four day out newb....... telling me that I didn't know everything.....Ummm, yes I'm well aware of that, after 4 years I'm still learning and I hope I never stop learning about this multi level process.

As I read her back posts, she says "boy, do I have a lot to learn" a few weeks before surgery......than at 4 days out she knows enough to discount my 4 years????

I only mention this because there was name calling and some pretty "ugly" personal attacks. As Ruggie referred to.... that's over the line. I could have buried her.... but I chose to take the high road because of having to keep my nose clean for other reasons.

I know my messages are sometimes delivered "un-perfumed"..... and it isn't for everybody..... and I know I'm not alone.(right slim)

So.... what's my point..... all that above was just gibberish......

Because of a few here that want it to be sugar coated and to be coddled and nursed......and some really fowl bitter personalities.....many experienced vets  just don't post anymore or rarely. Honestly, they don't need to.... they already gave back more than they took......

But you really want to know the sad part........ many many times daily, I see questions that go unanswered....or answered not so well..... and I know for a fact certain vets have really great answers to those same questions...... sad .... and who's fault would that be???

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op