AllaP
on 4/26/13 6:05 am - Vaughan, Canada

Does the 5 days pouch test work for us?

Thank you,

Alla.

datachick
on 4/26/13 6:51 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

I think you can search the forum and find lots of answers.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

AllaP
on 4/26/13 10:12 am - Vaughan, Canada

This is a very rude answer. Not everybody is computer friendly.

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/27/13 12:55 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
She isn't being rude. You'll find lots of answers quickly if you tap/click the word Search at the top right of the screen, then type in 5 day pouch test.

Asking on here is fine and you'll get answers, but you'll get information/answers much faster if you use the Search function as well. It's a super useful function.

Pretty much any topic or question you can think of has been discussed before (usually many times - we all want to know everything at some point) so taking the shortcut of running a quick search saves lots of time and gets you a lot more information than asking the question, then waiting around for answers.

About the 5 day pouch test: some people find it helpful for getting back on track, although it was "invented" for people who've had RNY. (We don't actually have a pouch, just a small stomach)

If you're thinking about doing because you feel that you can eat more than you should, a couple of meals of shakes, then going back to your measured portions will "reset" your feeling of fullness.

If you just want to know how it's done, Google 5 Day Pouch Test - there's a whole site about it.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

AllaP
on 4/27/13 1:18 am - Vaughan, Canada

Thanx.

MacMadame
on 4/27/13 7:15 am - Northern, CA

Well, it "works" for people with sleeves as well as it "works" for people with other WLS types. Or no WLS at all.

It's just a crash diet with a fancy bariatric-sounding name.

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2012/12/why-i-hate-5-day -pouch-test.html

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MacMadame
on 4/27/13 8:32 am - Northern, CA

Yeah, I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

But she needs to do her research on the cottage cheese test. I do know who developed it and what it's for. mail

http://www.bsciresourcecenter.com/proddetail.php?prod=A4

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/27/13 11:04 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Interesting. Thanks. I think I'll stick to eating my cottage cheese the way I enjoy it - slowly, with sweetener and cinnamon added.

It helps that I already know how much I can eat. 2-3 ounces of very moist chicken or fish, 1/2 cup of beans, chili or homemade soup with a small slice of flax toast, 1 cup of cottage cheese or greek yogurt or hearty homemade soup - or a total embarrassment of popcorn, which is why we don't eat it often and I eat only a measured amount when we do.

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/27/13 10:44 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Great link - thanks! I didn't have this surgery so I could go on repeated crash diets to "reset" anything. I did it to get rid of (most of) the constant grinding hunger and to have a sense of fullness after eating small portions of healthy food.

That leaves me with the responsibility to get help for emotional issues, make healthy food choices and get off my droopy butt.

I do occasionally back off and have shakes for breakfast and lunch for a day as a gentle nudge for myself if I've been nibbling. The most helpful thing (for me) is to just not have nibbly stuff in the house. My personal kryptonite is rice crackers, so we've become a cracker-free household other than the half-calorie ones Happyteacher recommended.

I also nibble if I'm feeling extra stressed, and am learning to put on my shoes, grab the closest dog and head out for a walk instead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views