Ready for a makeover??????

Infaith72
on 4/22/13 4:24 am - AK
Well, I am 3.5 months post op, 80 pounds lost, and I need a change. Has anyone else felt this way? I dont really want new clothes yet, still too big for cute ones. My hair has gotten really long, and curly????? Kinda crazy. Anywhoo, you know how after you have a baby they say not to make any sudden extreme decisions? Well, is this kinda similar? If I chop off my hair, will I regret this?
I just need a change.
If you did big changes, can you tell me what you did and if you regretted it or loved it?
Thanks sooo much!!!!!
Jls8877
on 4/22/13 4:30 am
Lots of people cut their hair when it starts falling out. I know what your feeling but my advice is to hang in there! Don't make any drastic changes based on your hormones. As we lose our weight, our minds can go crazy. I didn't do any thing drastic at 3 months but I did reward myself with a girls trip to Jamaica at the end of May. I will be at goal by that point and am really looking forward to letting lose a bit with some friends. I have a great, supportive and just plain awesome husband to cover for me while I'm gone!
carebear7391
on 4/22/13 5:21 am - Wilmington, DE

I cut off my hair at 5 months out and REGRET it every day!!

danigirl42
on 4/22/13 6:10 am - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

I cut my hair at 1 month out and regret it too :(  It's taking longer to grow back than normal!   Maybe you could do a mini-goodwill shopping trip or something to fill the desire for some change?

michieluvsu
on 4/22/13 6:18 am - WA

I cut my hair and had it highlighted at about 4 months and now flat iron it and I LOVE it, makes me feel free!!!!!

Michele

KittyKarin
on 4/22/13 6:40 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

We had our surgery around the same time and I have lost about 74 pounds. :-)  I think about cutting my hair a lot.  I almost chopped it all off before surgery and donated to Locks of Love but I decided that might be a little too much.  I am thinking that in June I will cut my hair.... by then I will be almost 6 months out and it will be so hot I won't care, I will just want my hair gone!  In the meantime, I am enjoying just fitting into my old clothes and doing occasional trips to Ross and TJ Maxx where I can't cause too much monetary damage.  Also pinning lots of hair style and color ideas on Pinterest. I would say wait a little longer before making any huge changes.

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

sunny_disposition
on 4/22/13 6:44 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

I cut about 7 inches off my hair when I hit 50 pounds, and I'm loving it!  You don't have to go crazy short to change it up!

Infaith72
on 4/22/13 10:15 am - AK
Thanks for the responses.
Who knows. I live in Alaska and its getting warmer and light longer every day, maybe thats whats goin on.!?
Thanks again!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views