Picky eater

rbrown116
on 4/8/13 12:01 pm - IA
VSG on 08/08/13

My surgery is scheduled for 6/21, and I'm feeling fairly confident in things except one area: food. 

I'm a very picky eater, and I'm soo worried that once I'm able to have "real" food that I won't like anything and then I'll be screwed. I don't like fish (except I can tolerate tuna), I don't like onions, tomatoes, etc. Are there others that went in as picky eaters? Will I be okay, or am I looking at a life time of string cheese and chicken? lol 

HW: 330lbs, SW: 307.2, GW: 140lbs
Surgery: VSG  Date: August 8th, 2013
Month 1-25.6, Month 2-13.8

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

MomofMarch
on 4/8/13 12:08 pm - GA

LOL You have me giving a good smirk. I don't like seafood unless it's boiled crawfish that is very well seasoned, and I used to love tuna, but now tolerate it. I also don't like mushrooms, onions, and I'm allergic to anything with garlic in it. I also went in HAAAATING cottage cheese. Still do! lol Some of my tastes have changed to where I like new things. (Never cared for breakfast sausage, let alone turkey sausage, and now it's good to go.) You will be able to get your protein in. I still use shakes, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's vets on here that still have a shake for breakfast. :) I've also got a new found love of steak fajitas. I eat more chicken than anything, but I've found there's SO many different ways of preparing it, that it doesn't get boring to me. Plus, I use a lot of substitutes. Try looking up bariatric friendly recipe blogs. They have some really interesting takes on regular dishes. (I recently learned how to make WLS friendly pizza. PIZZA!!!!) lol Good luck!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views