Onederland for Easter! A new beginning!

MuttLover
on 3/30/13 11:35 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Even though Saturday is my weigh in day, I was two-tenths of a pound away yesterday, so I weighed again this morning, and yep, I'm there -- but as I noted in Julia's post (sometimes she's thinking exactly the same things as I am -- it's scary!) - the first thing I thought was to not change my weight today because "What if I gain in back this week?" 

So, I'm claiming Onederland TODAY, and starting to try to own my success!  To me, that means actively fighting those doubts that creep in -- about regain, about never reaching goal, etc. 

That may sound easy, but as losses slow down, I've found the doubts creeping in with increasing frequency.  And I think the doubts are the precursors to sliding off plan i a big way (Oh, you'll never make goal, you might as well have a cookie -- or -- you are losing so slow, a cookie won't hurt!).

Here's what I'm telling myself now when doubts creep in

No -- I will not lose confidence in my plan.

No -- I will not believe that voice that says "You can't".

No -- I will not let doubts about my success lead me off plan (note here -- that I do plan for special events.  So, I don't want to give the impression that I never stray -- I just plan very, very carefully and only have very, very small amounts of higher carb goods)

No - I will not let the comments of others shake my confidence and goals.

I know many of us have these doubts -- so I'm inviting you join me in developing mental responses to them, and combatting doubts like the mortal enemy that they are!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/30/13 11:44 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
CONGTRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Onederland is awesome and a great achievement!!! Own it! Bask in it! Revel in it! I think we all think the same things sometimes and it makes me wonder if we are pre programmed in terms of responses to certain journeys like this one! Agree with you on developing positive responses to chase those negative thoughts!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

MomofMarch
on 3/30/13 11:54 pm - GA

Welcome to Onederland!!!

When those doubts start to kick in, I want you to look up this song. http://www.music-lyrics-gospel.com/gospel_music_lyrics/yes_i _will_7364.asp

This song and the lyrics got me through a lot of doubts and trials. You can do this. You ARE doing this!!! Congrats my dear!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

LuvLarina
on 3/31/13 9:21 am

Hi there...

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the link. I read the lyrics and found the song on YouTube and it really encouraged me today. I was feeling blue about missing out on Easter goodies, and now I feel better. I liked the message a lot... yes i am (worth it) and I can do it! and I will!!

Amiee3
on 3/30/13 11:56 pm - TX
VSG on 12/04/12

Congrats on Onederland and your new beginning on such an inspiring day!

Amiee

mokee
on 3/31/13 12:15 am - OH

This is so much better than a chocolate rabbit and I used to love chocolate.  You go girl.  What an Easter surprise and you earned every pound lost.  Keep up the good work.

seaco11
on 3/31/13 12:18 am - MA
VSG on 11/13/12

So happy for you!  Thanks for a wonderful post- I share all of those concerns and fears- still feel like it's a daily battle dealing with both the physical and psychological issues and changes-my new reality.

Enjoy your day and this achievement. Smile on!

Ellyn 

HilaryH8103
on 3/31/13 12:24 am - WA
Claim it girl. Yell it from the rooftops. You did it. It was all of your hard work & dedication. The sleeve is just a tool, you are the one working it & taking it where you want it to go & you took that baby straight to Onderland. Fabulous job!!!

Congratulations,

Hilary
Kelly-AnneH
on 3/31/13 12:55 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Welcome to ONEderland! Congratulations!!

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mary d
on 3/31/13 2:11 am

Congratulations!!! Here's to a new day, a new spring and a new century mark on your scale!!

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views