New Thing I do... Inspire others, well strangers lol

econtiff
on 3/24/13 4:00 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12

So, have you ever been in a group fitness class and look over and see someone who is there, they are trying but you know are totally done at the end of the workout?

Crazy thing is, I was that person 10 months ago, you know?

So, I always have some before and afters saved on my phone. I walk over to the new person and I tell them good job. I tell them it gets easier and to keep trying. Then I show them a pic of me.

Their face lights up. I mean I remember being there. I remember being on here and seeing pics of people and I couldn't fathom being that thin again. But, you know what? I am and we are.

So, I just try to inspire and reassure each new person. Maybe they haven't had surgery but we are all just trying to get our lives back.

You  have to remember people only see the outside at first glance, they don't know about the journey. Be the journey. hehe

Happy Sunday all!

busboss1
on 3/24/13 6:06 am
VSG on 12/18/12

AWESOME! I'm not to goal yet but I feel so good just being halfway there so far, I want others to feel as good as I feel too. If you can help 1 person to become healthy, that's GREAT!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

louisamay
on 3/24/13 8:12 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Fantastic!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

newlook2013
on 3/24/13 9:17 am - GA
You have def. Inspired me !! Omg! You look great. I hope I look the same- I am only 7 days post op....
danigirl42
on 3/24/13 10:49 am - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

I find that a lot of friends on FB have reached out to me privately since I've been sharing my journey there.  It's nice to know that people feel inspired by me :)

And I have inspired my mom to have surgery - which is the greatest feeling of all.  I want my mom to be happy and healthy again so badly.  I told her I don't want to make her feel like I'm pushing her into it but that I just want her to feel as good as I do.  She has been obese since after my 2nd sister was born which is a good 30 years now.  I told her how long did she want to wait to get her life back? 

obgary
on 3/24/13 3:36 pm
U r so right. ...never forget where you came from is basically the gist of what you are saying. I have been praying that I will someday soon be able to have vsg. I am so depressed because of my weight (282 and I am 5'3). I lost my job 3 yrs ago due to an auto accident. I held on to my insurance as long as I could and eventually I had to let it go because I don't have income. Everyday I dream of getting vsg. I don't know how it will happen so I keep praying and looking for inspiration through people like you who have kind words.

Thanks for your time and good luck with your continued weight loss success.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 321 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views