Odd

jpsp30
on 3/15/13 6:23 am, edited 3/15/13 6:25 am - TN
Well, I don't know whether to be excited about this or not. But, I got a letter of approval from the Insurance Company today. My surgeons office closes at noon on Friday; so I won't know anything about scheduling until next week. While one part of me is very please and I definitely want to and will get this done; I feel like I just got a letter stating that my divorce was finalized.

* Though, I'm not real sure how that feels either since I am happily married!

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

Deckeriv
on 3/15/13 6:39 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

From my many experiences, nothing better than having the divorce finalized. And all my ex-wives would agree...bahahahaha

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

jpsp30
on 3/15/13 6:41 am - TN

Funny! I'm sure I'll enjoy the process. Just got to get my head wrapped around it.

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/13 8:07 am

You are hilarious! 

Kcdietz
on 3/15/13 7:14 am - GA
I felt the same way. After almost a year of planned diets, monthly Dr visits, sleep test, blood tests, tests, tests and more tests my surgeons office called out of the blue and said your surgery is scheduled in 2 1/2 weeks. I guess I didn't know how long the approval would take and how far out they would schedule me. It was a big shock. Don't know why.

jpsp30
on 3/15/13 8:39 am - TN

I'm looking forward to getting a date. I hope that helps me with the mental preparation for surgery.

Calking
on 3/15/13 7:25 am
VSG on 05/31/12

You are excited about this.  I know this because you jumped through all of the insurance "hoops" and did what you are supposed to to get approved and you got approved.  Things can move very fast at this point.  Even though you can't do anything today or over the weekend starting on Monday thing will get crazy.  

In my case I was self pay.  But after going through all of the tests my surgeon has a policy of doing at minimum a 2 week pre op diet.  I fell into the criteria of having the minimum.  I could choose any date that would follow that two week pre op diet that could start as soon as the next day.  I picked a date only three weeks out.  It went by very quickly.

So be excited.  Things will happen as quickly as you want them to but expect the surgery date to be at a minimum about 2 weeks out.  I think that is fairly standard operating procedure if for no other reason than they have sooner dates already scheduled and therefore unavailable.

Also you have to be excited because you are taking positive steps to improve your health and not give into obesity and a lifetime of misery and poor health as well as a slow death.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

jpsp30
on 3/15/13 8:43 am - TN

I agree. I made the hard decision about this surgery months ago. Now, it is just getting a bit closer. I am ready to get it behind me and move forward. I am looking forward to being on the Winner's Bench.

Sasny
on 3/15/13 11:24 am
VSG on 03/20/12

When I first met with my surgeon I told him I felt like I was making a deal with the devil  - paying a really high price for a real reward - losing weight and getting healthy.  I had my food funerals and really thought I was never going to be normal again.  One month post surgery and 25 pounds I realized that instead of a deal with the devil I had made a deal with my fairy godmother.  I couldn't be happier with this surgery and the results - ok I could be happier if I could just get off these last 20 pounds!  Hopefully it won't be a divorce for you but instead a happier and healthier relationship with food - view this as a chance for relationship counseling.

jpsp30
on 3/15/13 11:29 am, edited 3/15/13 11:29 am - TN

I really hope so too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me on this. I want to be overly positive; but the realistic cynic in me just wants to face it looking straight on without any misconceptions.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views