Very Weird Question

Deckeriv
on 3/14/13 10:10 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I have a colonoscopy and EGD scheduled in the morning for my final pre-op test. After drinking 1/2 gallon of antifreeze rapidly for colon prep I got to thinking. How in the world would I ever have a colonoscopy after my sleeve? There is no way I could drink 8 oz per 10 minutes till 64 oz is gone with a sleeve.

Just curious if anyone knows how it would work later? Although I hope to never have to do it again.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

thinnersinner
on 3/14/13 10:31 am

Good question.  I have wondered the same thing, but now I can put down the water...no problem.  I'm not sure I could do the 8 oz. per ten minutes for that long, but I anticipate it not being a problem.

MomofMarch
on 3/14/13 10:34 am - GA

There are exceptions when you go through things like that. You take in what you can and they do what they can with it. My friend had RNY done and she had to drink as much as she could. They were able to get what they needed at that point.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

tigerbelle
on 3/14/13 11:54 am - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

when I saw this thread it was so weird, because I was going to post one almost identical...today I picked up my colon prep "potion" at the pharmacy for my colonoscopy Monday...tomorrow morning I have a CT scan and will have to drink that barium stuff beforehand...I started thinking how I would drink that stuff in the future once I had the VSG

slimpickins5280
on 3/14/13 12:54 pm - CO

My Sleeve friend (almost 3 years post surgery) is going in for hers next week. She was told to sip that crap all day.

We'll see how it goes.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

lunarose
on 3/14/13 12:55 pm - Newhall, CA

After you are out 6-7 months and are fully healed you can actually get close to it remember it will just flow though your sleeve like water. You can not lie down after drinking 8oz or it will pop back up.

Julie J.
on 3/14/13 2:15 pm - NV

Does EVERYONE have to have a colonoscopy and an EGD before surgery??

BayouMama
on 3/14/13 2:43 pm
I didn't have either.
Deckeriv
on 3/14/13 7:12 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I had to have a colonoscopy because I'm 52 and hadn't had one yet. According to my docs paperwork, if you haven't had one in five years he will do one. He's the one doing the colonoscopy at the same time he does the EGD so you are only put under once. He does the EGD to see if you have a hernia that he will have to repair while doing the sleeve.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/13 2:59 pm
I'm 15 months out and I could down 8 oz of water in 10 minutes, if I had to. I exercise a lot and while I can't take a big gulp of water in one swig, I can take a mouthful and swallow it down in three or four spaced out swallows. Yeah, I know.... It's weird but when you're running or doing the elliptical it's a pain in the A to keep taking little sips. It's my personal VSG adaption! LOL!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 243 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views