Fustrated

jiller
on 3/13/13 5:57 am - PA

After thinking all my pre-op testing was done now the drs. said I need to have my titrations done for a c-pap machine because of mild sleep apnea. Hopefully when the weight starts coming off the apnea will go away. I feel fustrated I want to have my sleeve done I am really excited about it. Moral support needed. Just venting. Thanks for listening.

Jackie T.
on 3/13/13 6:09 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Sorry to hear that.  I also have a cpap machine but I don't quite understand why you have to have this done before they will schedule/do the surgery.  I am hoping that in the next 6 months I can get off of mine. 

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Connie S.
on 3/13/13 6:59 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13
They like you to on the cpap for a couple of months before surgery. There were some studies linking otherwise unexplained deaths after WLS to undiagnosed or untreated sleep apnea. This is one you don't want to mess with. People would do great with surgery and then just be found dead in their hospital beds that night. I know you are anxious, but take the time to be truly prepared for surgery and all that comes after. Good luck.
Ladyazblue
on 3/13/13 7:47 am - Palm Springs, CA

Hang in there (Big hug to you)

I too struggled with cpap and after three months post-op I packed that baby up and its collecting dust on the shelf. It's all worth it I promise.

Take Care

yes

SW: 265 CW:125  Sleeved on 10-10-2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views