Sleeved and home!

SophieNJ
on 3/6/13 8:35 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Hello all you wonderful OH'ers!!  I want to thank all of you who posted your experiences...it was because of you that I made the decision to do this.  I saw day after day of people doing it, and living it, and succeeding with it.  Thank you all so much!!

I was great yesterday after surgery - hopping in and out of bed, roaming the hospital halls, etc.  but today the heavy duty anti pain meds wore off.  Now I'm sore and it's not easy getting in and out of my bed.  And I'm starving!!!  I thought there would be no more hunger pains, but they are there big time.  I do hope that goes away very soon.    am on clear liquids until Mondays post op appointment...

am also still nauseous...hopeing that goes away soon too.

Thank you once more, and I'll see you on the losers bench!

Hugs,

Sophie...

SeaGirl
on 3/6/13 8:40 am
VSG on 02/01/13
Congratulations on your successful surgery and welcome to the losers bench! It gets better every day so hang in there! Ask your dr about calling in an anti nausea med. I never needed mine but was nice to have on hand!

JerseyGirl_1213
on 3/6/13 9:49 am

Yay Sophie!! So glad to hear you're doing relatively ok!  I sent you a PM checking in yesterday...was thinking of you! :)

The nausea should get better...did Dr. N give you the dissolvable zofran?  It works pretty well.  They also told me to keep my patch on behind my ear for 3 days.    The soreness will get better each day too.  Take your pain meds!

Send me a message when you're up to it and let me know about your experience with our surgeon!

Hugs...

butterfly3851
on 3/6/13 10:38 am - TX

Good luck to you Sophie at home!  I spent more time in a recliner type chair with pillow & blankets & a heating pad those first couple of days - bed to hard to get in and out of!  That gets better in just a few days!

Hang in there!  Hope you have meds for nausea!

Linda B.
on 3/6/13 11:55 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Welcome to the bench Each day will get better. Just remember the newbie instructions, walk, sip, rest, repeat.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

redjersey123
on 3/6/13 12:23 pm - jackson, NJ

Oh Sophie I am So excited for you.  I'm still in the wee beginnings of my journey but have found a surgeon and am in the process.  I can only imagine what it's like to wake up and have the operation behind you. I've been researching for months and know this is  the right choice.   I will be checking on you and look forward to your posts xo 

Heal quickly! 

Donna

HilaryH8103
on 3/6/13 3:16 pm - WA

CONGRATULATIONS SOPHIE!!! angry

I felt really hungry to but then I took one of the meds that my doctor prescribed that is the same thing as Prilosec and like magic the hunger pains were gone and the grumbling had calmed down a ton. It works- I promise.

Positive vibes coming your way...

XOXO,

Hilary

anonymous_one
on 3/7/13 12:04 am
with

I was sleeved on the 4th, and discharged yesterday afternoon. I was moving around like a champ in the hospital while on morphine and other drugs, but now I can barely move at home. I think I have stuff in my lungs but coughing feels like medieval torture. I am happy I had the surgery, but I am adjusting to the pain. My house is trashed and I am powerless to fix that right now. My stomach does not handle the liquid pain killers very well so I do not take them as often I should. 

SophieNJ
on 3/7/13 6:58 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Thank you all for your kind, supportive words!!  yes, I was given anti-nausea meds, also that liquid pain killer stuff (ugh, it's disgusting)...the stuff to prevent ulcers...

I haven't gotten on the scale, it doesn't matter to me just yet, plus I've read about how some of you were still pumped up with liquids, so wouldn't get a realistic number.  sill feeling quite physically hungry.....my head is not telling me to eat, the tummy is tho'. 

again, thank you all for your support, I'll see you all on the losers bench!

Sophie

anonymous_one
on 3/27/13 1:54 am
with

I was curious how much you have lost so far, since wee started this journey the same week? How are you doing, are you having any trouble getting enough fluids in? I am. I am still so excited, and seeing the scale go down is amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views