4 months down and weight loss stalled since last 2 month - help!!

D K
on 2/24/13 4:40 pm

Hi - i got my VSM done on Oct 24 and lost awesome weight for the first 2 months, about 50 pounds and since the past 2 months have not lost an iota of weight, infact some days put on 2-3 lbs and then back to the stalled weight.

This is disheartening and depressing me deeply as I am doing everything i can with no positive results. is this normal? i really need to lose 132 pounds  in at least a year, by Oct 2013 and now this target looks difficult.

What more do i do to lose weight now? HELP!!

Struggling with the new sleeve smiley

Sleeveless
on 2/24/13 5:27 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

What is your daily eating plan, in terms of calories, carbs, proteins, and fats? Also, what exercise are you doing and how often?

With that information, people will be able to offer you some advice.

It sounds like you may be eating at maintenance rather than in weight loss mode.

D K
on 2/24/13 11:56 pm

i guess you are right. i have started eating normal food and do get hungry quickly, exercises is normal not very strenuous. Proteins are my primary food source really with little carbs. Am i doing something wrong? or is it my intake quantity?

Dazed and confused :(

cece58
on 2/25/13 12:20 am - CA

I know that without direction and guidance that it would have been so  much more difficult. I had a list of food that I could and couldn't eat and I just followed that list. I still check in with my doctor every month to keep myself accountable and my weight in check. It's not easy to take charge of yourself and your weight but you can do it. Track everything and focus on the results. You need to make the best of your sleeve during the first year because it gets harder as you go out. Good luck to you.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Deckeriv
on 2/24/13 8:35 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ = what sleeveless said

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

D K
on 2/24/13 11:54 pm

:) help!

juddfan1974
on 2/24/13 10:06 pm - TN
VSG on 07/02/12

Stalls are normal and they happen to everyone, but two month stall this soon seems a bit much.  Please give us more information about what you are eating your calorie intake, how many carbs, how much protein, how much water, exersice, etc.  If you are not already tracking this then please start.  MyFitnessPal.com or the associated smart phone app is a great way to track these things.

D K
on 2/24/13 11:58 pm

i am eating normally now, i guess i get hungry real quick these days. you are right i need to strictly start monitoring this.

cece58
on 2/24/13 10:39 pm - CA

Stalls do not happen to everyone! Two months is NOT a stall. It really is pretty simple. Follow a good plan and you will lose weight again. 80-100 grams of protein, 40 or less grams of carbs and fat. Eat "lean and clean". Once you have rid your body of the affects of white sugar and carbs you will feel better and won't crave those foods anymore. Lean protein and fresh vegetables. Also, exercise! Take a 30 minute walk everyday or join an exercise class or swim. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

D K
on 2/25/13 12:00 am

Awesome advise.. i will follow this, guess should start measuring my intake and the contents more more seriously. But really disappointed and feel directionless.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views