WLS inspired tattoos

KnitsByMama
on 2/19/13 4:40 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Who has them? Can you show us pictures? I am seriously considering doing one when I reach goal. 

I have always wanted a tattoo but I'm a big baby and I never thought of something meaningful enough before now. 

rhearob
on 2/19/13 5:02 am - TN

I thought about getting a tattoo - on the skin I was going to have cut out.  That way I could say I got one, but not have to worry about not liking it after.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Alice M.
on 2/19/13 5:08 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

So funny!  And it does give you bragging rights about having a tattoo!

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

Alice M.
on 2/19/13 5:07 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

I saw one person's tattoo on here.   It was on her wrist with the weight lost and something else...don't remember exactly.  Got me to thinking and I saw a phrase on Pinterest that I love and feel is perfect for me.  "One day can change everything"  I am going to add my surgery date  below that.  That says it all for me.  I have 2 other tattoos, (and I am 65) and each of them has great meaning to me.  My first was a sunshine on my foot.   I always sang "you are my sunshine" to my kids and my grandkids and they have always loved it and associate it with snuggling with me.  My second is on my ankle and is an American flag banner with red and blue large stars (one for each of my kids. Red for the girls and Blue for the boys) streaming behind it.  And 13 small stars for my grandkids also blue and red at the end and across the top of my foot.  These are the two most important things in my life...my country and of course my wonderful family.  I only did my feet because that was the only place I felt I wanted to display.  This time I might do somewhere else because I will be proud of all of me when I reach goal.  

Don't be a chicken if you want a tattoo.  It only stings a little and leaves a lifetime memory of something important to you...a great reminder of a momentous journey!  

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

MomofMarch
on 2/19/13 5:33 am - GA

I have tats from before the surgery. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm going to wait until goal and (possibly) plastics. In the mean time, I really have the itch for more ink. It's pretty addicting. It feels like you're being scratched. At least it did to me. I have one on my ankle (that suuuucked!), a huge one on my left shoulder, and some little ones on my right shoulder.

The one I get will probably be a butterfly coming out of a cocoon on my hip following other butterflies up to my ribcage. It's going to hurt like hell, but I can manage. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

karismommy231
on 2/19/13 5:40 am
VSG on 11/05/12

I'm waiting till goal to get one then probably on my left side or somewhere else. not sure yet. tats hurt but I love them! (I have three). Im working on a design. it will be a reminder to NEVER give up and not to gain it back. To keep myself in check and to use my new tummy as a tool for the rest of my life!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Christina D.
on 2/19/13 6:12 am
VSG on 08/16/12
You might try browsing the tattoo board on pinterest...it should give you some inspiration...I've never come up with anything I wanted permanently on my body...otherwise I'd be right there with you.

Amy
chitownhoyos
on 2/19/13 6:22 am - IL

i just got one the other night. It Say Believe the B is a pink heart. I found it on Pintrest. I put it on my wrist and it is there to remind me to believe in myself. For me that has been one of the hardest parts. I have to do a lot of positive talk to myself when working out. This whole journey has been so mental for me.

AppyGrl
on 2/19/13 7:02 am
VSG on 01/23/13

I was looking the other day at tats and I have decided that I want to use Philippians 4:13 and the word strength. Not sure if I want an infinity, the whole verse, or Book chapter and verse.  

Marioksig
on 2/19/13 8:04 am, edited 2/19/13 8:06 am - Santa Clara, CA

Here is mine! - Blogged about it as well.... http://www.sheddingounces.net/2013/01/never-again.html

photo 1ab_zps9c64c8a5.jpg

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views