Opinion on eating four ounces of pudding? Too much at once?

Sleeveless
on 2/4/13 4:44 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Hi OH friends. I have recently startled eating the Wonderslim pudding / shakes.

If you add eight ounces of water you get a protein shake. If you add four ounces of water you get a protein pudding.

I have been adding four ounces of water and eating the entire serving as a snack. But is that overeating my sleeve? Will I stretch out my sleeve?

I have been ensuring that it fits into my daily eating plan, in terms of calories, carbs, fats, and proteins.

frisco
on 2/4/13 6:03 pm

Without knowing what Wonderslim is......

It doesn't sound like a problem in pudding form as long as the drink form is inline.

Pudding is basically a slider food (for most) and shouldn't do much to constrict your pyloric valve. (read up on the pyloric valve function)

Just a reminder, you have the resource of a Registered Dietician available to you and Dr. Cirangle. If you need e-mail addresses just PM me.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Sleeveless
on 2/4/13 6:29 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Thanks, Frisco. I actually have read your very helpful post on the pyloric valve and do sometimes reach out to Gabriella. I just wanted the reassurance from someone who has had the sleeve and has "been there." So thanks for your reply!

califsleevin
on 2/4/13 11:31 pm - CA

As Frisco noted, things like puddings are typically sliders which don't offer much in the way of restriction (can be a good or bad thing, depending....) After exploring such things the first few days, I settled on a half cup of yogurts and (protein loaded) puddings as my nominal serving size throughout the loss period - I could have had more but that was enough to satisfy and provided a suitable amount of protein for that meal/snack.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Sleeveless
on 2/5/13 3:55 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Cool, thank you for the reassurance!

Kelly-AnneH
on 2/5/13 12:02 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I use one of the Syntrax shake powders in a similar way and find it a nice change from shakes when I need a protein boost, it's snack or mealtime and I'm not feeling especially hungry but a sweet sounds good.

I rate how full Fred is by "comfortably satisfied - I could eat more, but I don't feel a need to", "full - very slight sensation of pressure behind breastbone", "over full - full sensation at the base of my throat."

The best place (for me) to stop is comfortably satisfied. If I'm distracted and miss that point, I get to full next and come to a sudden halt. At 7 months out I only very rarely go past full. Over full leads to misery and sometimes vomiting, which I really, truly hate. (Negative reinforcement works!)

So - how do you feel after eating 1/2 cup of the pudding? If comfortably satisfied, and perfectly fine with waiting for your next meal or snack time before eating again, I'd say enjoy your pudding!

If the 1/2 cup of pudding is taking you to overfull cut the serving in half. Even if it can't stretch your sleeve (and I think you'd need to be overheating denser food for that) you'd be building a bad long-term habit of ignoring early fullness cues. That habit is the start of the road to regain.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Sleeveless
on 2/5/13 3:55 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Thanks, Kelly-Anne. These are good tips!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 320 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views