10 pounds down in 3 days! Pre-op!!

Bethany1988
on 1/24/13 7:18 pm - MI
VSG on 02/18/13

Since I've been on the Pre-op diet of all New Direction products, I have already lost about 10.2 pounds!! In 3 days... could be water weight, could be something else, but I am happy to see it leave! And especially knowing that it is NEVER EVER coming back because I am to stubborn at this point to let it!! I am thrilled that I am on this journey and February 18th is only 24 days away! For everyone who thinks that the pre-op diet is going to be hell, for me, it isn't so bad (so far, but they say the first three days are the hardest). I will be honest and say that my surgery is on my mind ALL the time... I can't stop thinking about it. 

AND for the record... if you decide to try to donate blood (Red Cross comes to my work to do drives) while on the pre-op diet, don't!!! I was able to donate, but at the end of the day I was feeling very weak and tired! On the up note, the tech who checked me in was planning on having WLS as well and was able to steer her here for information because she was in the beginning stages. I told her I was having the surgery on FEB 18 and told her I would see her at the next drive (March 21st), even if I couldn't donate, to let her know how I was doing. She called me her hero! lol... I feel like anyone's hero right now, but it felt nice to actually talk to someone who is in the same boat as me in person! (I've kept it hush hush since it is no ones business but mine)... So I'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming... and keep doing what I am doing... and maybe eventually I'll feel like a hero! 

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeves

Pamela B.
on 1/24/13 9:15 pm - AR
VSG on 08/14/15

ya you can do it I done it before also I quit eatting fried foods for 3 days and ate cabbage for 3 days and lost abt 10 lbs I was so happy and I manage to keep it off for a little while wish I could do it again .......

Lisa1023
on 1/25/13 1:47 am
VSG on 03/05/13

did your doctor give you these "New direction" products?  If not, where did you buy them?

Bethany1988
on 1/25/13 2:39 am - MI
VSG on 02/18/13
I bought them from my Dr.

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeves

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views