i was sleeved yesterday and in sooo much pain

Toni310
on 1/23/13 3:59 am - Toms River, NJ
VSG on 01/22/13
I was sleeved yesterday sat in recovery for 12 hrs cause they didnt have a open bed for me i should of been up walkin instead of bein stuck in that bed..so i am in much pain wit gas my stomach my shoulders and bac im also nausea n throwin up which is also killin my stomache..i havent slept due to this pain...i am miserable n so unhappy all i do is cry..this is causin me to regret doin this..i hope this feelin goes away n im happy wit the choice i made..
mimij
on 1/23/13 4:02 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I am sorry this is a rough start. I had a rough start too back in October and it is only a dim memory now. You will be thrilled. Work your sleeve and stay on plan and you will never look back, except to remind yourself of where you were and that you don't want to be there ever again. Each day will be better than the last. Best wishes.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Toni310
on 1/23/13 4:04 am - Toms River, NJ
VSG on 01/22/13
Thanku mimij :(
Cindy B.
on 1/23/13 4:08 am
VSG on 10/22/12

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rough start to your recovery. For me day 2 was really the worst, then every day got better. 12 hours in recovery would be difficult. I don't think I really understood what people were trying to tell me when they said the gas was the worst part post surgery. I thought more of stomach gas and not the pain that hit and stayed in my shoulders and back. That too should get better within a couple of days. Like I'm sure you've heard already, walking will help. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lauren Vento
on 1/23/13 4:24 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Remember that the first day is the WORST!  Its horrible.  It made me think that I had made the biggest mistake in my life and I couldn't imagine living with sure horrible pain.  Also, I was dry heaving and throwing up almost immediately after the surgery because of the morphine.  Once I was taken off narcotic drugs I healed faster without the throwing up. Just remember every single day gets better and easier and you will soon be extremely happy with your choice.  The pain is awful, but the faster you can stop using pain meds and get moving around (SLOWLY!) you will feel better.  

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

CSinSD
on 1/23/13 4:32 am

Hi Toni,

I got sleeved on Monday. The pain I experienced on Monday I was not prepared for.  I am on my third day now and it is much better.  Several people from the Dr's office asked me how they could of prepared me better.  My answer was simple I was not prepared for the amount of pain I was going to be in.  The good news is it passes.  I went home last night and got my first real sleep.  I feel so much better.  I hope your feeling better soon.

rhinorg
on 1/23/13 4:59 am

We all are sorry you have pain, sounds like your facility was not running well, it too will pass...just walk and walk as soon as you can...it too will pass..without regret!

Machelle.K
on 1/23/13 5:51 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Hang in there it does get better. Make sure you stay up on your pain medication so that you can rest and let your body heal. Hope you’re feeling better very soon.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Missdede
on 1/23/13 6:10 am - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12

(((hugs)))

You will feel so much better soon, honest!

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/23/13 6:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Don't cry. Save those tears for when you see all the pounds shedding. Shoot, I just cried this morning when I went to the doctors and I was a pound less than I weighed this morning at home. It will get better I promise. Tell them *****es your gonna have to get up and walk. That will help with the gas pains. I had the same gas pains too and I kind of had to take charge and tell them what I needed to do. Good luck. And I promise it will get better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 321 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views