Can't stop thinking about surgery

Bethany1988
on 1/20/13 1:56 am - MI
VSG on 02/18/13

My surgery is scheduled for February 18 and I cannot stop thinking about it and it is making the days go by so slow! 29 days and counting! Any tips or tricks for before and after surgery anyone want to share?

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeves

CourtneyJ
on 1/20/13 1:57 am
VSG with

Congrats on getting a date! How long did it take for you from the initial consultation?

Bethany1988
on 1/20/13 3:06 am - MI
VSG on 02/18/13

I originally went to the Info session in December 2011. I had my consultation with my surgeon scheduled in June 2012, but I got a new job and new insurance so I had to post-pone. Then my surgeon changed offices and I had to become a "new patient" and go through their entire program. I was so irritated! But they flew me through and I finally had my consult with the surgeon last Thursday and got my date!

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeves

SuzyNZ
on 1/20/13 2:08 am
VSG on 09/17/12
Start practising eating really slowly, small bites, chewing 30 times and not drinking while you are eating. This will really help make the transition to post-op a little less of a shock adjustment.

I also did a 1000 calorie a day diet for the month before (lower carb, high protein) and lost 12kgs/26lbs before surgery, which I found really motivating for me.

Once I made up my mind I was have the surgery, I was on a mission!!...lol

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

FutureHopes
on 1/20/13 2:57 am - Minneapolis, MN

me too! i am so ready.

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n

Bella_Fein
on 1/20/13 3:31 am, edited 1/20/13 3:31 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Mine is the 18th as well. It is on my mind constantly now. I just did an inventory of my protein to make sure I had enough to last me a little while. I have 100 servings ready to go. In all different brands and flavors. Plus almost every flavor of SF syrup that Torani makes to flavor things up a bit.

I am dieting. Trying to stay under 1200 calories a day and will start a liquid diet on Feb 11th.

I have this countdown on my computer. I am so ready!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kelly-AnneH
on 1/20/13 3:54 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I cleaned my house, caught up laundry, organized my kitchen and set up an area of just my stuff, bought a single serve blender, deep cleaned my bedroom, deep cleaned my car, spent time with friends, went through my clothes and sorted them by size (got rid of anything already too big), packed and repacked my suitcase, bought small dishes, bowls and cutlery, made and froze some 1/2 cup servings of broths and puréed soups and generally drove my family nuts.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views