IT WORKS Wraps ?????

jaycieg
on 1/18/13 9:49 am - UT
VSG on 10/29/12

I am just wondering if any of you have tried or know if for us with extream lose skin The IT WORKS wraps actually helps. These are really big right now at least it seams where I live and if they do work how awesome that would be, but if not I don't want to waste my money.

MomofMarch
on 1/18/13 9:51 am - GA

A friend of mine that had the RNY told me to get some once I was in my maintenance phase. She said that it really did help. Mind you, she still has some sagging skin, but she told me that it made a big difference.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/13 11:26 am

Think.  How can it work?  What is the science behind it?  Your skin is not going anywhere unless you cut it off.  I hate to be so blunt, but everything else is just a pipe dream.  The only thing you can do is lift weights to build the muscle underneath, that and eat protein to build that muscle.  Other than that, nothing really works.  There are many gimmicks out there, this is just one more.

Keith L.
on 1/18/13 1:56 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
They actually do help. I did them on my arms and belly. I saw a more dramatic improvement on my arms. It's not plastic surgery good but it was significant enough that I could see it in the mirror. It may not be permanent but this entire weeki have noticed that my bat wings are much smaller.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Edelge
on 1/18/13 1:33 pm
VSG on 04/02/13
I'm not sure about the specific wrap you are referring to but plastic surgeons do have patients wear compression garnets during recovery. If it is a medical grade garnet the compression increases blood flow to the area and that increased blood flow speeds the removal of wastes. So does that help contour the body with weight loss? I don't see any studies showing it but some people swear by it.

Keith L.
on 1/18/13 1:57 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
They help.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

LindaDarnell B.
on 1/18/13 9:28 pm
VSG on 08/07/12

I think it works  SOME with elasticity but only when you first start loosing. Just as there are firming creams that help SOME with firming, this too may help. But it's all dependent on your own biology and once you've lost the weight and have the sagging skin, then I don't see how it could work. For the cost and the results I'm not sure it's worth it.

~Regena from SC: /Surgery Weight 317/Highest Weight 321

Sarah W.
on 1/18/13 9:42 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
I did one on my arms (cut in half) and I did notice a few inches down. I think you have to keep doing it though and I wasn't willing to get into the auto ship for those.

I do use the greens on the go packets mixed with crystal light orange sunrise (instead of orange juice). I do like those, not for the taste, but for the nutrition and convenience.

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views