Weight Set Point

jaycieg
on 1/16/13 12:07 am - UT
VSG on 10/29/12

Has anyone ever heard of your supposed "weight set point"? When I did other "Diets" My body was always trying to have my WSP way higher than it should be one time is was 500 lbs!!!! Anyways..... I have been stuck since the 19 of Dec! NOT COOL! But I am wondering if I could be having a problem again and just wondering if any of you have heard of this somewhat weird thing.

Keith L.
on 1/16/13 1:21 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Yes I have read a lot about it but I am not certain it is a substantiated theory. Particularly when I see people on here loose 200+ lbs. My guess is there are other things going on with you. First we all hit stalls. I am in my 6th or 7th in 3+ months. Yours sounds a bit long so I would take a look at the basics. My first guess is you are not getting enough water. Get your intake daily up to 100oz.and I mean water, not crystal light or other drinks. Water. Water flushes and it helps your liver flush out the bad stuff. When you cloud that with other things it is not as effective.

Second protein in take, make sure you are getting at least 80 grams a day and more if possible.

Third carbs, make sure you are less than 40 but if you really want to amp it up, go for 20 or less.

Fourth exercise, are you moving for at least 30 minutes per day?

Finally sleep, sleep is when your body does its repair and maintenance. If you are not getting 7 or 8 hours per day, you are not getting the optimum out of your body.

All of these things must be in balance for you to lose weight, if any are off I would cite them as the reason for your long stall.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views