Off-Topic: Help me get married

ruggie
on 1/4/13 9:54 am - Sacramento, CA

Thanks very much!

Kabooboo
on 1/4/13 10:26 am

How wonderful! Congratulations to both of you. Best wishes for a wonderful future together. Just remember to really enjoy the day and have fun!

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 10:27 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I don't know about wedding stuff because I made my mother in law plan everything. She was VERY happy to do EVERYTHING. You know some women just love that stuff. But I DO WANT TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS!! It's a wonderful, beautiful thing!

Teasha1
on 1/4/13 10:38 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Congratulations! I have no new advice just wanted to congratulate you.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

bigred_z
on 1/4/13 11:38 am - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Don't forget the license!! 

This was my thinking:  This is a 4-6 hr block of time.  Don't spend a fortune.  My money was better spent on the honeymoon that would give me a lifetime of memories, and the sparkly diamonds I would wear everyday! 

I made my wedding Sat afternoon, saved me thousands.  Your Thursday option sounds great, and gives your friends a long weekend! 

I also had NO KIDS!  My wedding, MY dime, MY rules. My MIL didn't like it, but her broke ass wasn't paying for it.  I spent 5K total, Ebay helped a lot.  Even bought my dress on Ebay. 

Congrats, and best of luck!!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

ruggie
on 1/4/13 12:24 pm - Sacramento, CA

Sadly, no marriage licenses are available for gay couples in California at the moment.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Hislady
on 1/5/13 5:48 am - Vancouver, WA

They are in WA, maybe a destination wedding after all? Or a quick trip up here and a big bash back in Cali. Options aplenty!

Sasny
on 1/4/13 11:39 am
VSG on 03/20/12

Congrats!  You guys will make a very handsome couple on your special day!

An adult only wedding is fine.  I think a Thursday wedding is fine as long as you give people notice to plan the trip so I would get out save the dates as soon as you lock down the date.  The nice thing about the savings in money is you can use it towards perhaps a brunch the next day or a tasting....if you are having a bunch of out of town guests it would be nice to plan somthing Friday.  It would also be nice to give people ideas about what they could do over the weekend if they wanted to make it a nice weekend trip.

As for what else you need - rings, clothes, flowers / candles / center pieces???  Maybe something fall harvesty.  You also need invitations, thank you notes, place cards if you are having assigned seating with table cards.  It is customary at many weddings to give the guest a favor that you place at their place setting.  It is a small gift that can range from some type of treat - we did small boxes of with four Godiva truffles - to a mini frame.  Search websites for wedding favors.  Maybe you can come up with something wine or napa related.  Some people get a sign in book so those who attend can write you some nice wishes.  

The reception can be very simple and does not need to be formal.  I had a small wedding with just 50 people and after the ceremony we had a brunch.  For music we had a jazz quartet.  We did not have dancing.  Our first course was plated but then the rest was buffet.  Frequently after the ceremony people will have a ****tail hour with passed hor d oeuvres and then the dinner.  During the ****tail hour you can take some of your photos if you don't take them prior to the ceremony.  You will need to decide how formal you want your event and if you want a seated dinner or if you want people to be able to move around more.

We made our own wedding albums using the website my publisher.  They have a lot of nice options and you can make smaller versions to give to your family.  If you look online I'm sure you can find some tips for napa weddings.  Have fun!  Oh one last thing is you probably need to register for gifts.  We didn't really need anything when we got married since I was 34 so we registered for lots of wine glasses because they were at a good price point and then we returned a bunch and had a nice credit to use at Bloomingdales.  

Congrats again!

CaraS.
on 1/4/13 11:59 am - CA

Congratulations!  I'm so happy for the two of you.  You are such a great looking couple!  

I am a wedding and day of coordinator in the Sacramento and Napa area and specializing in smaller weddings and I always tell my clients to have the wedding they want to have and don't worry about offending anyone, because you generally won't it you make your decisions from the heart.  Ramekins is a great location and Napa will be amazing in September.  I think guests generally like out of the ordinary days to get married.  I think they are so romantic and then guests can make a long weekend out of it.  I think you have a great list of things you need, I would add a great florist for boutonnieres and flowers if Ramekins doesn't provide them and also it might be a great idea to provide guests with a list of local restaurants, local activities (like where to rent bicycles)  and recommended wineries and olive oil tastings to tour that your guests can do on their own or in groups.

I'll private message you my details and feel free to call if you have any questions or need recommendations for vendors.  

All the best,

Cara

ruggie
on 1/4/13 12:25 pm - Sacramento, CA

Holy crap, yes, please do message me your details!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views