Softs?

rissa1224
on 12/11/12 4:33 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So I'm freakin bored with clears. Time to move to softs/creamy. Any suggestions?

I dont know if I will like cream of chicken soup. Ate most of a yogurt today.

Just having a blah day today. Is Farina ok? Are these little 'feelings' in my newbie tummy hunger rumbles? Or just gurgles because it's still healing. Oomph I am a blah today. 

Auveca
on 12/11/12 4:50 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I think your blah time co-incides with when mine was.  I wonder if that is a hormonal reaction?

MHO is that the rumbles are healing noises...

Hope your day gets sunnier!!  FWIW, it took me until day 10 to really get out of that...

rissa1224
on 12/11/12 4:58 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Well I am day 6 post op so I hope it only lasts a few days (wi**** didnt happen at all LOL) Just mixed cream of chicken with cheddar and milk. Hope its tolerable. 

Doesnt help my brother (who needs to diet yet he doesnt care) just had a cheese sandwich on a roll, chips, a bagel with cream cheese and pretzles. In a matter of 2 hours. Cool. Oh and mom made a quick eggplant parm. When can i Puree stuff? My nut really doesnt help. 

Auveca
on 12/11/12 5:08 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I am no expert, please check with your surgeon's office. 

That said, I was on clears for 5 days, then full liquids until day 14 (today!!).  (Protein shakes, etc.)  I got cottage cheese and a poached egg today (2 separate meals.)  (Mushies, purees until week 7)  I get to puree some soup tonight.  My nut (also not particularly helpful) suggested baby food for the first 2 weeks of purees because the serving size is good.  I was able to use sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, popcicles and yogurt after day 9.  Grits blended into fine liquid at day 10. 

This is just my experience, which is newbie at best.  But, emotionally, you are right where I was when I had my first little awakening (grieving my best friend)...my DH was able to help me reframe and get excited.  You will too!

120wannabe
on 12/11/12 5:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 12/04/12

Today is my day to go from clear to "full/cloudy" liquids. I started my day with my favorite chocolate Optifast shake. It didn't taste as good as I remember. I am told that happens. I was warned to watch calories with creamy soups. It is easy to sabotage your success by adding too many calories.

CaraS.
on 12/11/12 5:34 am - CA

When I was on softs I made a lot of soups and loved them.  I made a cauliflower soup, fresh pea soup and then topped with a little bit of greek yogurt, I made a flavorful bean soup and then purred it (I found all my recipes online).  I also made homemade applesauce with no sugar and cooked it until it was very soft and then mushed it up with the back of a wooden spoon.  I found that getting back to cooking also made me feel better and little bit more like myself.  

Hope you start to feel better soon!

~ Cara

Sleeveless
on 12/11/12 5:45 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Today is my day to start soft foods too. My nut wants me to start with 2 ounces of Greek yogurt three times a day.

I think I will probably get in 1 ounce once or twice today. I've been having nausea and am not really jazzed to be starting soft foods.

It's weird, though I have head hunger and food fantasies, I'm just not interested in trying to add foods back into my diet.

Wildcat-NYC
on 12/11/12 6:00 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I was on liquids for 2 weeks and when I started soft foods, I stayed away from cream of anything soup (lots of carbs and fats).  I ate mostly greek yogurt and cottage cheese (for 2 weeks) and also supplemented with protein shakes.  Toward the end of the 2 weeks, I started to add soft cheeses and thinly sliced organic, nitrate free lunch meat.  The first month is the hardest...just stick with it and in a few months you won't even remember how hard it was.

You are most likely not having hunger rumbles.  My tummy still makes some funny sounds even 4 months out...

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views