FREAKING out!!!

autumnM.80
on 12/6/12 10:20 am - Johnson City , NY

3 days until my sleeve, I am extremely nervous, anxious and freaked out!! I cant eat, sleep or even think straight. tomorrow I start my 3 day pre op clear liquid diet and Im so scared. please pray for my sanity oh yea and my recovery :)

Any words of wisdom welcome :)

pudgypants
on 12/6/12 10:27 am

I'm on the 10th too! I've been having nightmares about overstuffing myself w/ brownies and such. See ya on the losers bench!!!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

MrsRigDiver
on 12/6/12 10:37 am - TX
VSG on 01/07/13

I'm not nervous now. I have a definite date of January 7 but there's a possibility I'll get December 17 :). BUT, when I found out I was approved, I had what might have been an anxiety attack. I thought I was having a heart attack and ended up in the ER.  Within 10 minutes of finding out there wasn't a problem with my heart, the pain and pressure went away and I went home. After discussing with my honey, it was realized it started shortly after hearing I was approved.  So, yes, I was nervous, anxious, and did freak out! 

But, I'm over that and am now wishing and hoping and thinking and praying that I get the December 17 date.

You'll be fine though! Try to think of what your end goal is and how great that will feel.

Thanks, Diana

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney

laurie91566
on 12/6/12 10:43 am - OH

I am so happy for you ! ( My surgery is Dec 19 th)  I am so excited I can't stand myself either !!  Keep us updated ,, Best of luck !

Words of wisdom : Eat to live don't live to eat

bill B.
on 12/6/12 11:35 am - NC
VSG on 12/13/12
Words of wisdom, take a deep breath and breath, it's all gonna be ok!!! I'm 7 days away from mine!!

KKinLA
on 12/6/12 11:43 am - Los Angeles, CA

If your anesthesiologist asks you if you want the shot that will relax you before anesthesia is administered (aka before they wheel you in), SAY YES.

ms.finney
on 12/6/12 12:37 pm - TX

god is in control of all things and god will never leave your side,, i pray right now for you to have peace. and that you have a safe recovery. i pray for the doctor and staff that will be working with you and i cover your family right now that they trust and know that god is the first and the last of all things and that you will be fine... amen,,, hi my date is 12-27-12.. and i cant wait what helps me is looking at other people before and after... and looking at how happy they look,, your almost there and its almost over ,,, god bless u and keep u,, 

danzeppelin
on 12/6/12 2:32 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
Y'all are gonna do great! The losers bench has plenty of room and you're all gonna love it here! There's a lot of nerves, anxiety, heck...even fear, but when it's all said and done...and you're looking back on it...all skinny and stuff...you'll be glad you made the leap. You'll forget about all the fears and lost sleep... You'll pull on those skinny jeans, that look so small...but they'll fit! You'll see your shadow and not recognize it! Don't worry...be happy! I know I am. It's been a heck of a journey, but so worth it

iwant2bethin
on 12/6/12 7:43 pm

It's natural to be nervous before surgery but I can tell you now, at 2 weeks post op, life is very exciting after being sleeved!  I wake up every morning excited to jump on the scale and see if I've lost more weight.  I was nervous going in too.  I cried on the table before they gave me a sedative..I just started thinking of my kids.  Just keep in mind that this really is a very simple procedure which takes very little time and the recovery is not bad at all.  You'll have some great drugs for the first couple of days of pain followed by maybe 2 days of indigestion and gas and then...weight-loss and happiness!  

I felt great by day 5.  I walked an hour on day 7.  I'm doing well on my drinks and mushy food and my biggest complaint is burping.  I have zero regrets and I have a better quality of life to look forward to.  Life is good :)

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.  

vabella
on 12/6/12 10:08 pm - TX

Come on over all of you we are waiting for you here on the losers bench.  Best of luck to all of you and i will keep you in my prayers.  Keep us updated on how your doing.    

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views