Feels like I need a Xanex..

rissa1224
on 11/30/12 2:01 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I have so many mixed emotions right now. The closer my date, 12/5 comes, the more I panic. Why? I feel like a panic attack is coming.

mmc1020
on 11/30/12 2:10 am - NJ
VSG on 10/22/12

Oh trust me, that is such a normal feeling.  I was a mess right up until the OR and I also suffer from a panic disorder.  My surgeon knew the only thing that was going to help me was Xanax. 

I know it's hard, but try to relax.  I am just about 6 weeks out and so happy I made this decision for me.  I actually don't feel like my anxiety/panic has even reared it's ugly head.  You will do great and we are all here for you.

Good Luck!!!!

rissa1224
on 11/30/12 2:12 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

It's crazy! I have never been so nervous in my life. I know its a huge thing and its normal. I don't want to have to rely on them to calm me but I may just need to.

JAlston
on 11/30/12 2:14 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Hi Rissa- I can understand a little bit, my surgery is on 12/7. Although I have been keeping pretty busy with everything leading up till surgery so I haven't had time to freak out about it...check in with me next week and that maybe a different story.

I will be working on my final paper this weekend (due on 12/10) but I need to submit all assignments for my class before surgery, my Mom flies in on 12/5. My last day at work is 12/6, I will be cleaning my house this weekend, plus I have grocery shopping a husband and almost two year old to keep me busy.

Hang in there girl! You're almost there!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

hwag5149
on 11/30/12 2:15 am

Relax, breathe and trade the anxiety for excitement!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

rissa1224
on 11/30/12 2:17 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

GOOD LUCK! I had my pre admission thing today at the hospital. I guess they do them early now? I paid my co pay, signed paperwork, gave some blood, got my wrist band (i dont know why they made me keep it) talked with the RN who went over instructions for the big day. Maybe it is REALLY hitting me now? 

danixbanani
on 11/30/12 2:33 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

This is seriously so normal.  I wasn't freaking out about my surgery AT ALL until literally the morning of when I was sitting in the waiting room.  When they came in to do my IV and had a hard time sticking me I just burst into tears, the anxiety took over.  My poor husband became so worried then because I was totally fine up until this point! 

Just try to think about your journey afterwards instead and how amazing your new life will be.  Trust me, it is amazing on this side!!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

VerucaSallt
on 11/30/12 2:42 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Focus on the positive!  Take some deep breaths, close your eyes and imagine yourself thinner and healthier.  Put yourself at peace and remind yourself why you're doing this.

I have PTSD from a TERRIBLE hospital experience and meditation (along with my Zoloft) got me into surgery with a smile on my face. 

YOU CAN DO THIS!

vabella
on 11/30/12 2:59 am - TX

Take a deep breath and relax.  YES it is happening.    We are holding a spot on the losers bench for you.   You will do great.  keep us updated on how your doing.   Best of luck i will keep you in my prayer.    

Jen

Auveca
on 11/30/12 4:09 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

You are not alone, i cried all the way into the OR, right up until they hit me with gas!  BUT, even through the pain and misery of day o-1, I have only been excited and focused on the future...you will be fine, this too shall pass!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views