Made it back to the board... finally!

kahlana
on 11/12/12 5:15 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12

I know I mentioned that this was my year of transformation and the transformations continue with the summer trip to Alaska turning into a permanent gig. I moved to Sitka, Alaska a week and a half ago. Also under reconstruction is the love life as I broke up with the boyfriend after deciding that I was tired of doing all the paying of the bills and trying to keep us afloat while he sat on his ass in front of a solitaire game all day.  I am currently living on a World War II Army tugboat in the harbor here instead of a traditional house or apartment. So while its a little hard to heat,  it's kind of a cool adventure too. I get to see eagles on the masts of the neighboring boats daily, a pair of otters hanging around off our port side aft deck, a starfish rests on the bottom of the bay right next to the tug and I can watch it when the tide is low, whales regularly visit the local bays and there are deer and bears here as well. My landlord teaches salsa dance classes at the local community center so I am signing up for that as well as kundalini and hatha yoga to start in the new year. I am working on catching up on my school work and finishing my degree as a life coach. Basically, life is good.smiley

My current weight is 138 and I am wearing a girls size 14 jeans, which I think equates to a women's size 2. I feel fabulous and have so much energy that I am constantly on the go. My only concern right now is that I am still losing weight. I really didn't want to get down past 140 as I am starting to look too skinny (my opinion), so I am trying to figure out how to stop losing now.  I am still eating very small portions and I take my vitamins like a good kid but I walk literally everywhere (hey I live on an island with only 14 miles of road) and I think that's contributing to the continued weight loss.

Anywho, for those that want to keep in touch the best way is to email me right now. I don't get to check it everyday but I do check often. And if anyone has any ideas on how to stop the weight loss now I would could sure use some tips and hints, thanks! Hope everyone is well!!

My Blog My Facebook

lucy2e
on 11/12/12 5:43 am - Laurel, MD

Wow - congrats on making so many positive changes and embracing life!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

kitsyb
on 11/12/12 6:52 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12

Congrats on your life change!  I too am continuing to lose weight and trying hard to put on the brakes but still steadily losing.  I started out about the same as you and wanted to stop around 155-160 as this is what Weigh****cher's told me my goal was several years ago.  I am now at 135, slowing down but not stopping yet.  I have tried adding more carbs and calories but I just haven't hit that magic number yet to maintain.  Some days all I feel I eat all day long and lots of food (all healthy of course) but it doesn't show on the scales.  I would really like to put back on 5 lbs.  All in time I guess LOL.  Glad to hear you are doing good!

ParisGirl
on 11/12/12 7:21 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Wow lots of changes.  It sounds amazing. :-). The only thing I know about Sitka is from the movie with dreamy Ryan Reynolds and America's sweetheart Sandra Bullock.  

Enjoy your new adventure.  I'm completely jealous!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/12 10:08 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Congrats on the adventure! It sounds amazing!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/12 10:48 am

Great to see you back on the board. Congrats on the many new changes! Hope Alaska turns out to be all you hope it will be. And a HUGE congrats on reaching your goal weight. That's awesome!!!!

Linda B.
on 11/12/12 2:54 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

It is great to see you back. I loved the postcard you sent, such a beautiful place. It sounds like you are in a better place to live your life to it's fullest. As for stopping the weight loss, there is a maintenance forum where lots of the vets post. I don't have the link, but hopefully someone will see this and post the link for you.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Shagdoll
on 11/12/12 3:26 pm
I've missed you & have thought about you a lot lately for some reason. Glad to hear you are doing well my friend. A
Girls size 14? Holy friggin hell!!!! You rock!!!
xoxo

Jenn  

WWBD?  

kahlana
on 11/24/12 3:16 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12

Thanks so much for the responses! I have missed being here and checking out how well everyone is doing as well as reading your struggles! All y'all rock so much. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know mine was amazing and I am so thankful for this second chance at life! I can never express just how grateful I am to have all of you from this forum with all your love and support because I literally do not have enough words but I hope y'all know that I am very blessed to have you in my life.

My Blog My Facebook

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views