3 Hours, 3 Days and One Year

Speedtrap
on 11/14/12 3:49 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12

3 Hours, 3 Days and One Year.

3 Hours is the amount of time from when I went to sleep until I woke up in recovery.  3 Hours was all it took for a surgeon to change my life forever. 3 Hours I will never remember.

3 Days is the time I was away from my home in the hospital, 3 days of care and tests, injections and Doctors.  3 Days to make sure everything went right when I was asleep. 3 Days that the memory will fade over time.

One year, that is the time I spent re-training my mind and body.  It is the time I worked to be sure this was the choice I wanted to make. It gave me the time I needed to improve what had gone wrong in my life; Emotionally, Mentally and Physically. I look back on the last year as one of the most important of my life for the choices I had to make, the challenges I had to face and the acceptance that I was responsible for my past eating and only I can control my future. One Year I will never forget.

So at the end of 1 year, 3 days and 3 hours I feel as if I have been given a whole new set of challenges but my time has prepared me for them, the support of my family and friends will help me, the education of my doctors and nurses will help to guide me, but at the end of the day I will make the right choices and know I hold the key to my success and the only person who can stop me is me.

mimij
on 11/14/12 4:43 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Poignant and awesome. Congrats! Great outlook.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

MichelleLarra
on 11/14/12 6:04 am - NY

This is truly an inspiring post I hope everyone gets the chance to read it.  Bravo, congratulations and wishing you continued success.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views