Anxious, excited, nervous random post

rissa1224
on 11/13/12 1:23 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So yesterday I had my endoscopy, went well! He said no reason to not be cleared to have surgery. YAY. Today I have my f/u with my surgeon I HOPE AND PRAY I can pick a surgery date. He called me on Friday and told me that he is doing his 'dotting the I's and crossing the T's" paperwork to submit to my insurance. I HOPE they approve the surgery!! He said it takes about 1-2 weeks for an approval (or denial). I am PRAYING that they approve it and I can pick a date before 12/31. I am ready to get this done, and move forward on my new path in life. (also for insurance reasons to have it done before 1/1- my deduct goes to $0- yikes.

I have everything done that the surgeon has asked me to do. After I meet with him I meet again with the NUT to discuss stage 1 post op. I am hoping to get to the support group my surgeon has once a month. I would rather do it now than next month. I would love to meet more patients who have had the surgery already.

Just trying to stay positive and keep my fingers, and toes, crossed =)

stephanieplum
on 11/13/12 1:49 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Hope all goes well and you're approved soon! 

Pollyanna16
on 11/13/12 4:01 am
VSG on 12/28/12

Hi, I'm in the same boat with you waiting for insurance to approve. I still need to have my endoscope, Doc wants to wait for approval.How did you do with the endoscope? I have a really good gag reflex, hoping I can get through this. I'm hoping for a date before the end of the year also. I'm changing insurance on 1/1 Don't think the new one covers sleeve..Best of luck to you. Stay in touch and let me know how you doing! 

rissa1224
on 11/13/12 6:18 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I did GREAT with the endoscopy. It is so easy. I was in and out in about an hour- checking in to checking out. You are put under anesthesia so even if you had a bad reflex it wont matter =) it was simple.  My gastro dr said that I was a little 'swolen' inside but i have a cold so it can be from that. I see him for a f/u next week.  So you will do fine! Its simple and easy and fast! 

I hope your insurance will speed it up and approve it for you. Changing insurances is ANNOYING. 

I saw my surgeon today and he gave me an "estimated surgery date"!!!!! 12/5! 3 weeks away! If my insurane approves it THEN ON 12/5 I GET MY SLEEVE! I cant believe it. I dont want to get my hopes up because sometimes insurance companies take a month or so to approve =( But my fingers are crossed =)

Machelle.K
on 11/13/12 4:11 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I think it is encouraging that you've completed all the steps in advance. This shows the Dr that your ready to move forward. I too was very assertive on my schedules and filled every free moment I had on the classes, procedures and appointments. I'm 1 week post op, and am starting to get some energy back! Though I tire easily most of my days are filled with what is required, drinking, scheduling phase two eating and drinking again. I do keep a food/liquid diary, for now, just to keep me on track. I lost 9 pounds the first week . I hope you find this helpful.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

rissa1224
on 11/13/12 6:19 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thank you! I did everything in 5 weeks. Today I saw the surgeon and he gave me the estimated surgery date for 12/5! If my insurance will hurry up and approve it, then thats my date officially! 

Glad to hear youre getting energy back! I like to hear how post op is. I want to be prepared! Congrats and keep me posted on your success =)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views