TMI.. I know. Ladies only please

RNmom0926
on 11/7/12 1:14 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Hey ladies..

Has anyone experienced decreased sex drive,libido since surgery? I am almost 6 months out and it is all I can do to "do it" and often times it is painful. My husband does not understand and I don't either. If you have experienced it..when did the drive come back?

tlpldy
on 11/7/12 1:51 am

I cannot speak for myself, but a friend who had RNY went through the same thing.  It has come back to some degree, but not completely.  (she is almost four years out)

If you have PCOS you may have had an excessive sex drive prior to surgery due to hormonal causes.  Talk to the dr. about it, they may can make some suggestions. 

Ann M.
on 11/7/12 2:41 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Tammy has an excellent article on this. It's under ARTICLES and then Body & Mind and then

Genital Rejuvenation In The Post Bariatric Patient.

Nadurra Deb
on 11/7/12 2:41 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

To rule out any physical reason why, I would talk to your Dr. They will probably check hormone levels and nutrition. You could be lacking something in your diet or your hormone levels could be off one way or the other. If you have experienced depression or anxiety more so since surgery, that will affect your drive also and there are medications that can help. Regular exercise will also help your energy level which in turn tends to help increase your drive.

I think psychologically this surgery and all of the changes in our lives can be very distracting making it hard to shut down the brain and relax. I know I have had that issue.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

angiagee
on 11/7/12 3:13 am
VSG on 09/11/12

I am so happy to read this.

I didnt have much of a drive before surgery due to be overweight and unhappy with myself and now I am 65lbs down and still have absolutely NO drive at all!!! I hope someday it comes back.. because I am not doing it at all at this point. I dont want too.

LadiWobs
on 11/7/12 3:51 am

Hello I am new and I too asked the same question. I have a very high drive now so after I will expect it to be the same. I dont think my boyfriend will like that it will go down. esp since he loves me the way I am. you would think it would go up, You feel better, you feel sexy more. ugh I am beyond nervous about this subject.

NewtoYou
on 11/7/12 4:58 am
VSG on 09/10/12

Congrats on your weight loss success first of all!

The hormonal changes in your body can cause vaginal dryness too, which can be painful; so find a nice natural lubrication.  Some have only 3 ingredients and are very gentle for all the time use.  The next thing I would recommend is to do it, both together with a partner and alone.   The more frequently you climax, the more your body will balance some of those hormones and your drive will boost up from that.   Also, be sure to talk to your doctor!  

MY food is fuel, not a reward.  Its purpose is to sustain my body, not my soul.   ~ rhearob
Learning to love myself.

Jewelz13
on 11/7/12 6:13 am - TX
Yes this had hit me and my relationship hard! My OBGYN has put me on a testosterone cream and boy is it starting to help. It's not like I'm attacking my husband but if he is wanting to fool around I'm more interested than I was before. Im only 10 days out on treatment so im sure it will get ecen better! Check it out.

bob-h
on 11/7/12 9:56 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

I know it says ladies only buttttttttttttttttt, my wife has the same problem and she didn't have the surgery. cool  me on the other hand, I yesI wanna drive all the time now.  I just don't like driving by myself.  broken heart

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views