Revision after Sleeve

Donna H.
on 11/4/12 6:29 pm - Douglasville, GA

I had surgery in May 2010.  I lost from 352  to 215 (one day only)....but stayed at 217-222 for quite awhile.  I started becoming more hungry about 6 months ago and have gained back up to 242.  I am totally "freaking". I can eat much more than I could a year ago.  I really do not think I have over ate.  However, I must have right?  I also KNOW that I have ate the WRONG things!  I am scared. I can't gain the weight back.  I can't. I have identified a new psy and am going to schedule an appt.  If you know to do something...why don't you?  why don't I? very frusturated with myself right now. 

I also am married now to a wonderful man who has insurance that I think will cover a revision.  Should I consider it?  What would be best?  Has anyone had one? Like I said....I really don't think I have done horrible.  I def have not stuffed or anything like that.  If it has stretched then it has been very gradual and I certainly did not realize it at all.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.  Thanks so much!

getmylifeback12
on 11/4/12 6:51 pm - NY

Oh Boy! Personally I think that you need to follow through with your Psych. Dr. and then your surgeon and Personal Care Physician. Together as a team maybe they can come up with a plan for you that does not involve surgery.....Yet. What about a Registered Nutritionist. Surround yourself with a team of people that want you to succeed. You can do it! It's not over yet! You are taking the right step forward just posting here. I am not even one year out yet so I am not an expert by any means. But I do still have the feelings that I had before and sometimes I feel like Pac-Man and I could just eat and eat alllll day long. That is where your support team comes in.  Dont wait. Make that appointment TODAY!

Vivian Prouty
on 11/4/12 7:04 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Donna,,,,don't beat yourself  up.   After a year any of the surgeries can eat a lot more food.  You need to go to your bariatric surgeon and have them do a barium swallow under a forliscope and see if you still have a small stomach first.   That is the first step besides getting councilng.   Then if you stomach pouch has stretched out you and your surgeon can decide where to go from there,   It takes a whole lot of massive eating to stretch the stomach.   Good luck to you and please don't be so hard on yourself.   Bad food choices are easy to do but not so easy to quit.   Please keep us updated on what you find out.   Have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views