Protein! before surgery 3 month diet

supercatwoman2003
on 10/10/12 12:56 am

wanting to know who likes what protein powder? I really like nectar but I also want to try isopure, its expensive but I've read good reviews about it.  whats your favorite type and why? also if your post surgery (jealous) did your tastes change, what did you do to make the shakes work for you?  I'm doing a 3 month supervised diet finally, 2 shakes plus a meal! then ITS SURGERY TIME! to say I'm excited at least plus nerves. Thank you guys for your opinions!
Shagdoll
on 10/10/12 1:01 am
I like Syntrax Nectar & Matrix too.  I heard those fruity isopures are nasty so I stayed away from them.  Body Fortress is a great inexpensive protein powder.  Immediately post-op, I used to drink the chocolate blended with water and it was decent... even better when I switched to unsweetened almond milk.  Tastes yummy with PB2 also. 
Good luck with your upcoming surgery!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

supercatwoman2003
on 10/10/12 1:08 am
I honestly stay away from milk but everyone has been saying almond milk is amazing, i will have to get some today and try it!
Ashley H.
on 10/10/12 1:34 am - Keller, TX
VSG on 11/13/12
 This is actually my first post on the forum :)  I just got my surgery date this morning.  My boyfriend is a big protein shake drinker.  I'm a HUGE fan of the BSN Lean Desserts and their Syntha-6 protein.  They are seriously delicious.  Everyone I have told about them in real life is shocked at how good they are.  I will tell you that they are thick and some people don't like that.  I like the whipped vanilla cream with bananas (I can't find the banana cream flavor in stores here) or pb2.  yummy.  I would drink it even without having surgery :)
KnitsByMama
on 10/10/12 1:39 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 Don't make my mistake and buy $50 worth of IsoPure only to find out there is a reason why they are affectionately called "IsoPuke". OMG they are TERRIBLE.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views