Hair Loss Questions.

KnitsByMama
on 9/26/12 1:42 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 I see a lot of talk about hair loss. Exactly what are we talking about here?
Clumps? Bald patches? Just thinning of hair? Other?

I have VERY thick, healthy, gorgeous hair. I love my hair. 
I just am wondering what I am up against. 
Thanks!
wls2011
on 9/26/12 1:51 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 I did lose lots of hair, but never wound up with any bald patches....it just looked very thin all over and sparse looking...but it shed evenly so no bald spots....and it was distressing, hair was everywhere all the time, shedding on my clothes, my bed, down the drain in the shower, etc, I would say it was clumps coming out when I brushed my hair....luckily it does stop when the weight loss slows down....most just seem to have thinning, no real balding from everything I've read...

The biggest regret was that I cut it very short to compensate for the thinness....this made it look thicker  and better for that time frame but now, it is growing so slowly.... and although the thickness is back, the length is not...so I now have very poufy, unruly hair....my texture also unfortunately changed permanently it seems, and is now frizzy & curly when I used to have straight, fine hair.

But hair woes aside, it was all worth it....Good luck!  Some don't lose massive amounts of hair, it all just depends...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

happiegirl
on 9/26/12 4:54 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Your hair comes out from the root.  I can just run my hand through my hair and it comes out.  I notice it in the shower.  I have most of the loss towards the front crown part of my head.  Also on the front sides.  If your hair is thick that's good because you probably won't end up with major problems.  Mine was thin to start and I have to wear my hair up to hide it.  I'm thinking of  clip in extensions until my regrowth comes in.  I'll be seeing the hair dresser this Friday...I hope she can help.  I don't want short hair.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

CaseyB
on 9/26/12 9:14 am
VSG on 03/27/12
I was lucky, i only lost hair for about a month...about 3 months out to 4 months out. It wasnt in patches, it just was coming out in the shower and when i brushed it. I have long curly hair, it is fine hair i just have a ton. Ive i wasnt cleaning out of the shower drain i wouldnt have noticed! LOL. Hope your lucky like me!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views