Lunch ideas? And my before/after so far!

cdavis21
on 9/14/12 8:06 am - SC
Hi everyone!! I haven't posted since I was probably one month post-op. I have lost 93 pounds now, since December! Feeling great :) I had my 9 month check up this week, and the dietician and I decided I needed to decrease my carbs & increase protein. No problem while at home- but there are a couple of days a week I need lunch ideas. I am in school and have no access to refrigeration so it would need to be something low carb that could stay alright in my purse for about 4-5 hours. Anyone have any ideas??

Here is a beffore (around October, 2 months before surgery) and now (about a month ago actually, I have lost about 10-15 more pounds) picture! i fit into my mom's size 16 jeans yesterday!!!! I don't even remember the last time I was in that size, I started at a 24!!!

Thanks in advance!
akr9911
on 9/14/12 8:09 am
VSG on 06/20/13
No ideas here but I just wanted to tell you that you look wonderful. And I love your dress in both pictures! :) 
Rose_wins
on 9/14/12 9:42 am - TX
VSG on 07/30/12
 You look amazing, girl!  As for your lunch time challenge, I'll tell you what I do.  I am a realtor, and therefore, my schedule is harry scarry.  I purchased an insulated lunch bag at Walmart.  It's called a "Pack-it Freeze & Go.  You store it in the freezer of your fridge, then pack it and take it with you.  It will keep stuff cold for up to 10 hours.  I also purchased some of the blue ice packs to add to it.  I can carry just about anything in there, and don't have to worry about being caught without protein.  I generally carry a couple of ready to drink proteins, a couple of single servings of cheese, and some tuna, or even a hamburger patty. It has been a blessing!  Hope this helps you.  Good luck! 
We play til I win...            
NeedsSleep
on 9/14/12 8:10 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12
CONGRATS!  You look fabulous!!!!
time4me2now
on 9/14/12 8:27 am
VSG on 05/24/12
You look fabulous!!!  If I were you, I would invest in a thermal lunch bag and a refreezable ice pack.  It would give you a lot more lunch options.

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

vsgwife
on 9/14/12 8:28 am
VSG on 11/05/12
I can't see your pics, but congrats!

My husband is still pre-op...but we love to take Ostrim Beef Sticks to soccer games when he is going to need to eat.  Great protein, and you can throw them in your purse!  And, they taste great :)
lala285
on 9/14/12 8:42 am - OK
VSG on 08/06/12
 I agree with the previous comment about the thermal lunch bag and ice pack. It really helps so I can bring some string cheese and a 100 cal bottle of muscle milk to work without worrying about the fridge. 

Also, I recently found these turkey snack slices at Wal-Mart and they don't require refrigeration. http://www.oldwisconsin.com/snacks/snack-slices/turkey and http://www.oldwisconsin.com/snacks/snack-bites/turkey 

Just be sure to watch the sodium.

HW: 291   SW: 273   CW: 168  GW: 153

M1: -22 lbs   M2: -18 lbs  M3: -13 lbs  M4: -10 lbs  M5: -5 lbs   M6: -9 lbs  M7: -5 lbs  M8: -9 lbs  M9: -10 lbs  M10: +3 lbs M11: ? M12: -2 lbs  Stair-step loser.

Ms Shell
on 9/14/12 8:43 am - Hawthorne, CA
I agree with the other poster they have thermal bags that are small and you can use that and pack whatever your heart desires!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

AdeanaMarie
on 9/14/12 8:56 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Not a new idea, but invest in a thermal lunch bag. Something cute, that you love. Buy a couple light weight refreezable ice packs and take your lunch and snacks with you. It has been my saving grace. Too tempting to eat out when you have nothing available. What travels nice for me is: Greek Yogurt, cheese sticks, beef sticks, beef patties, chunk chicken, yes, I eat these cold, bags of protein chips, nuts, hard boiled egg, laughing cow cheese wedges, veggies and hummus, veggies and dips and SF puddings and jello. Plus, I always put a couple waters in too. I bought an extra large one, so that I could take a days worth of foods and drinks.

I always have food available with me. Yes, it takes a routine to get used to packing it the evening before bed and remembering it in the morning with the ice packs, but so worth it.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

AdeanaMarie
on 9/14/12 8:57 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Forgot this in my other post: You look fabulous! Keep up the great job! Enjoy the blessings!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views