Testing this morning

Kevin H.
on 8/28/12 3:39 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Hello OH family.  I'm sorry it's been a while since I've posted.  I have not been feeling very good lately.  I thought it was supposed to get easier the further along we went but I seem to have a set back.

I have been having problems with nausea and vomiting for about a month now.  Any dense protein I try to eat just feels so bad sitting in my sleeve.  Since I have not been able to eat meat like I should be, I am always hungry and snacking a lot on food that I shouldn't be eating much of like peanuts, soup, premier protein shakes and crackers.  I have found myself grazing all day long since I can never get satisfied.   I had been on a stall for about a month or more as of my last posting which did finally break but then I stopped loosing again shortly after.  After 2+ days of vomiting I did loose 5 or 6 more pounds so now I'm down almost 125 all together.  That's not how I want to loose the weight though :(  I was able to get down some chicken breast 2 nights ago which was good.  First meat I've had in a while.

I had been loosing anywhere between 15-25 lbs a month but now the weight loss has drastically slowed down and that is discouraging since I still want to loose a lot of weight.  I know the Dr. said that the weight loss is good for 6 months to 1 year .. but I was counting on it being 1 year, not the 6 months :(

This morning I go for a barium upper GI X-ray to see what my sleeve looks like and surgeon wants a ultrasound of my gallbladder as well.  I sure hope the weight loss picks up again like it was before.

Thanks for listening and wish me luck!

Tirza T.
on 8/28/12 3:54 am
VSG on 01/17/12
I hope that all goes well and they can figure out how to help you. Vomiting sucks and although we all want to eat less, we do not want to starve...not a fun feeling. I only posted huge numbers in the pre-op phase (36 pounds in one month) since then I average about 11 pounds a month with the last few months being only about a 7-9 pound loss. When our numbers slow down it is disappointing, but I also think the smaller we get, the smaller our numbers will get. Keep your head up and hopefully this will pass and you will posting amazing before and after photos at your goal weight. Stay positive and stay focused; you can do it!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
vogue
on 8/28/12 5:27 am
VSG on 08/30/12
aww man, I have missed you.... I hope they find out quickly what's going on so you can get back on that losing streak.... Dont stay away so long next time!!
Shagdoll
on 8/28/12 5:40 am
Kevin, I hope things get brighter for you. I have missed seeing you post on here. Best of luck to you my friend. Take care & keep us posted on your status.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Wildcat-NYC
on 8/28/12 7:07 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Kevin - I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well.  I hope that your doctor can figure out what's going on.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
fran67
on 8/28/12 8:06 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Kevin, We miss you on here. So sorry to hear that you're going thru a difficult time. Good luck and I hope they figure out what's wrong and you can get back on track.

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views