Cool recipe site for low card-high protein recipes

Desari63
on 8/27/12 10:57 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
recipes.sparkpeople.com/

Just wanted to share...Have fun and good eating!!!

Here's a good one I found...Feel free to respond!

Cyn's Mock Potato Casserole

You'll never believe that this creamy rich side dish doesn't have any potatoes! It's also high in protein with 10g per serving! You'll never believe that this creamy rich side dish doesn't have any potatoes! It's also high in protein with 10g per serving!

Minutes to Prepare: 30

Minutes to Cook: 20

Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower
2 Tbs light butter with canola oil (like Land O Lakes brand spreadable)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 lb Turkey bacon, cooked crispy & crumbled
8 oz shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
2 Tbs chopped green onions
2 Tbs Water

Directions

Microwave cauliflower w/2Tbs water for 10-15 mins until VERY soft, drain then mash with potato masher. Blend in butter and cream cheese. Add the shreded cheese (reserving about 2oz or 1/2 cup) and remaining ingredients and stir together. Put in a casserole dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake 350 for 20 mins until brown and bubbly.

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info

• Amount Per Serving

• Calories: 165.5

• Total Fat: 11.8 g

• Cholesterol: 49.3 mg

• Sodium: 444.1 mg

• Total Carbs: 2.7 g

• Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g

• Protein: 10.8 g

Barbara McKeown

Luvnall3
on 8/27/12 11:17 am
Desari- Thank you thank you!! This is why I love this site!!
I was sleeved 8/13 and told my family for the first time last night. It went well, except, the guys, turn to me and say " so your not making your famous potato casserole for Thanksgiving now are you!", LOL!  I was thinking of not making it, because it is way too tempting to me. But now that I can have an alternate casserole, I'm saved! I can totally make theirs and make this for me!! Thanks again.

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

MotoChic
on 8/27/12 2:15 pm - CA
On August 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM Pacific Time, Luvnall3 wrote:
Desari- Thank you thank you!! This is why I love this site!!
I was sleeved 8/13 and told my family for the first time last night. It went well, except, the guys, turn to me and say " so your not making your famous potato casserole for Thanksgiving now are you!", LOL!  I was thinking of not making it, because it is way too tempting to me. But now that I can have an alternate casserole, I'm saved! I can totally make theirs and make this for me!! Thanks again.
 why dont you not make theirs and just make the better choices?   its what i have done wiht my SO, and he has lost from 150 to 138 since end of feb when i had surgery  LOL  he is a happy guy, and he eats the small meals more often and we share my little snacks,  life is good, dont ahve to cook fattening stuff i cant eat

good luck

Pobearsam7
on 8/27/12 11:31 am
This sounds yummy!!!!! I'm thinking cauliflower is used a lot to substitute for potatoes

Kelly                

Barbara W.
on 8/27/12 12:13 pm - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
Thanks a million for the great recipe. Can't wait to try it.  I am a
big cauliflower fan.  This receipe is easy and I know will be tasty.

thunderhand
on 8/27/12 12:38 pm - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
Nice find,  added to my bookmarks.
Desari63
on 8/27/12 2:26 pm - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
That recipe is just one of many I found on that site...Low Carb everything!!!!! and lots of high protein per serving ones too. I have bookmarked it and I can email anyone the recipes that I have already saved it you want them. Just friend me and send me a message with your email addy and I'll be happy to share!!!

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views