My Pre-Op challenge

ParisGirl
on 8/23/12 10:04 am
VSG on 04/25/13
I attended a group nutrition class last week. We have to work on goals before our one on one with the dietician. I quit caffeine ( and that was a *****!) and am slowly removing processed carbs.

I'm at lunch at my desk now and thought I'd start a new challenge: no drinking while eating. OMG! I had to move my water to the other side of my office so I can't just reach for it. So far I'm going on 35 min with no liquid. Yikes!!!

Next week I'm going to add no drinking for 30 min after I finish my meal. Just trying go prep myself as best I can. And everyone on OH has been instrumental in getting me ready for the big day (hopefully Jan. 2013).

Thx!!!

Daisy_Rose
on 8/23/12 10:07 am
 That was and sometimes is the hardest for me.  It's such a habit for me.  Keep going... you will do great!!

Nadurra Deb
on 8/23/12 10:25 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Good for you! I end up setting a timer after I finish eating something...for two reasons. One is so I don't drink for at least 30 minutes and second so I dont' forget to start drinking again after 30 minutes!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Feystorm
on 8/23/12 10:26 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 That is a great habit to start early.  I know some post ops break the rule and claim it helps them when they feel stuck.  But for me - the only time that I drank water (I forgot and the bottle was right next to me - just grabbed and gulped) it HURT!!!  omg - for next 30 minutes, I had that painful heavy feeling in my chest.  I hated it.  
I think it is great you are already working on it!!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

louisamay
on 8/23/12 10:33 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You're so dedicated, I know you'll do great!  One thing I found helpful was to have something moist with my meal, maybe a sauce on my meat or a bite of green beans.  At home I'd often end it with a teaspoon of applesauce.  It helped a lot.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Shagdoll
on 8/23/12 10:34 am
Geesh gurl, I give you a lot of credit for doing that pre-op challenge. I, for the life of me tried the sip sip water thing with zero success. I know I just gave up too soon BUT believe me, I was determined to get as many fluids in immediately post-op because I refused to get dehydrated. I got dehydrated once before surgery and it was miserable!!!

I just want to say that you are doing awesome already and I admire your motivation on making these changes already. Go gurl!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

TSinNC
on 8/23/12 10:49 am
VSG on 08/16/12
You are doing a great job of getting ready for surgery. Lots of luck to you!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Airpun79
on 8/23/12 11:58 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello ParisGirl!
The situation you described was one of my biggest challenges pre op. However, like you I began trying to development the no eating and drinking habit and it helped me out tremendously post op.  I'm glad I tried it our before hand because I know it would have been a nightmare trying to begin post op. I think what you're doing is great.

Best of luck to you! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

Debra P.
on 8/23/12 2:53 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Its soooo much easier to do post op because the PAIN will make you remember not to drink while eating.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views