Officially on the Trader Joe's fan club

NanaDebby65
on 8/19/12 10:06 am - North Richland Hills, TX

Sitting here eating my lunch as I type. TJ's turkey meat balls with their traditional marinara, sprinkled with a teaspoon of parmesan. My veggie is their Cauliflower Romanesco Basilic (with a bit of garlic butter). OMG! I am in LOVE!!

I really enjoyed the shopping experiance. The employees are so nice and the cashier chatted the entire time I was checking out. I LOVE their policy that if you dont like something, for whatever reason, bring it back and they will refund my money with no receipt required.

I bought and cant wait to try:
Chipotle Chicken Skewers
Turkey Meatballs (of course!)
4 flavors of Chicken/Turkey Sausage
Pre-cut Butternut Squash
Organic Granola
English Muffins
Eggs
Frozen veggies (asparagus & the cauliflower mix)

I'm not a carb counter but everything I bought (with the exception of the english muffins and granola) is low carb for the portions we eat. My tummy is happy right now! :)

TJ's now has a new customer for life!!

HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
Mike B.
on 8/19/12 10:20 am
We don't have a TJ's close by, but we love shopping there. Our closest TJ is about 40 miles away. It's like Christmas shopping when we stop there.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

acbbrown
on 8/19/12 1:58 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Hahaha Id go to TJ at least twice a month even if it was 40 miles lol.

My favorites:

- morningstar pizza burgers
- Chili limi chicken burgers
- pre-marinated chicken tenders - curry and sundried tomato
- egg white sald (pricey though!)
- whole wheat mini pitas  (they are 30 cal each!)
- all of their veggie mixes (for those of us too lazy to ever cut their own lol)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

NanaDebby65
on 8/19/12 4:03 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
It's 20 miles from my house. This is huge for me because I normally will not go out of my way unless it is absolutely a must. I put off going because the traffic is horrible in that area and on the roads getting there. I found going at 9:30 on Sunday morning was great. No traffic and the store was not terribly busy. I will just have to plan my shopping trips so I dont have to sit in traffic!!
Cinderella50
on 8/19/12 10:26 am - NY
VSG on 08/29/12
 I've shopped at TJ's for a long time. I love a lot of their products, just be careful of calories in them. Many of them are high calorie and fat.

NanaDebby65
on 8/19/12 4:06 pm - North Richland Hills, TX

I'm a huge label reader. I have to eat 5-6 times per day due to low blood sugar issues so I have to plan my meals so I dont go over 1200-1500 calories a day. Usually 200 calories or less per meal. Thanks for the tip though!!

debk21
on 8/19/12 11:41 am - Mansfield, TX
I've been 5 times since they opened & LOVE it! Glad you had fun! Culinary delights abound!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

NanaDebby65
on 8/19/12 4:09 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I loved it! I'm so excited to have choices! LOL! I get stuck in a rut of eating the same things over and over. I'm like a kid in a candy store trying to plan my meals this week because I have such a variety!!
TSinNC
on 8/19/12 12:46 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
I love TJ's, too. Lots of yummy choices, and as long as you remember to check labels you can find some great post-surgical options there.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

NanaDebby65
on 8/19/12 4:12 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I read the labels of everything I buy. I guess being in maintenance for 18+months it has become a habit. Kinda scary though because I could tell you how much protein, carbs, calories of anything I have in my house. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views