Measurements

ParisGirl
on 8/11/12 11:40 am, edited 8/11/12 11:41 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Well, I took the advice of the vets and took my measurements this morning. I probably have another 5-7 months before I have surgery, but I figured I might as well take them at my highest ever weight.<br />
<br />
I start working with the NUT next week so I'm hoping (planning) on dropping some lbs by surgery day.<br />
<br />
Here are the numbers, in all of their splendid glory!<br />
<br />
<br />
Neck 17.25"<br />
Chest 62.0"<br />
L. Arm 15.5"<br />
R. Arm 16.5" (I know, weird)<br />
Waist 57.0"<br />
Hips 63.0"<br />
L. Thigh 34.5"<br />
R. Thigh 34.5"<br />
L. Calf 18.5"<br />
R. Calf 18.5"

ParisGirl
on 8/11/12 11:43 am
VSG on 04/25/13
I tried to edit and all of the "br

Italian-Princess
on 8/11/12 1:38 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi ParisGirl

You are going to be SOOOOOOO glad you have your measurements.  I did mine the day before my surgery and then one month later.  I lost 26 pounds and 18 inches -- I DID count each side, i.e. both thighs, both calves, both upper arms in addition to the other "single" measurements.  It's not like we lose inches on only one side LOL

Also, when you get to a stall, maybe measure again and you'll probably find that you're losing inches as your body adjusts to the weight loss -- especially early out when it's rapid. 

I plan to measure every month just to see what's happening.  I have about 2.5 weeks before I measure again...........I can find the patience to wait on that, but I have trouble staying away from the scale -- I need to do that on a daily basis.  I'm a little over 6 weeks out, so it's all new and exciting at this point!

Are you going to have to wait for your surgery because of a 6 month pre-op diet/program.  Not trying to be nosy -- just curious as I had nothing to do except eat very lightly the day before my surgery.  I did, however, put myself on a high protein, low carb food plan for about 10 days prior to surgery.  I wanted to see if I could deal with something similar to how I'd be eating post-op.  If you do have to go through a pre-op diet, make the most of it -- once you get to post-op, you'll be way ahead of the game and your surgeon's and/or nutritionist's plan will be easier to follow.

Good luck -- and keep posting so we can watch your progress!  Welcome aboard!

Ree
ParisGirl
on 8/11/12 4:00 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
My insurance only requires 3 months, but the bariatric group I'm going with is about a 6 month process. I want to be sure I'm completely informed and ready to make all of the changes.
Looks like you are TOTALLY rockin' your sleeve. Woohoo!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views