I need some advice!

Brittany R.
on 8/9/12 11:36 am
Out of the blue I have a Bank interested in hiring me. Let me mind you I wasn't looking for a job nor did I fill out an application (they had my resume from last year when I left another bank). Problem is they want me to interview tomorrow for a part time position which is only 4 hours a day. This would be great to get me out of the house and have a break from my two small children. Problem is, I know when I go to the interview they are going to ask me to start ASAP. Next wednesday is my last Doctor's Appointment before everything is sent to Insurance. How much time should I tell them I need to take off? I know it varies from person to person but I think i'm going to have to be pretty stern and precise with this. I have came way to far in this journey to turn back now for a "part time job" that I don't have to take.... Any Advice?
acbbrown
on 8/9/12 11:42 am - Granada Hills, CA
I think because it seems like they are desperate, if you explain your situation, they should be accomodating.

If you arent planning on having surgery in the next 4-6 weeks, I don't even know if I'd tell them upfront that you need time off - just let them know after you start, but that's me...depends on how much you want the job. If you think you'll be having surgery soon, then probably should tell them.

I dont know how physically demanding the job would be, but I can tell you I haad a pretty easy going job right after surgery, and I tried to go back 10 days post-op, but my boss only let me work a couple days before kindly making me take another week off. I really shouldnt have attempted that because it just drained me. So I started back full time 3 weeks after - at that point, it was manageable but wasn't easy.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Brittany R.
on 8/9/12 11:53 am
Thanks!

I am just having mixed emotions about it, I think after the interview I'll get to see how this bank is compared to the last one I worked for. It was like me breaking teeth to get a day off at the other one. I had oral surgery and ended up with dry socket and they didn't care so I was working and I could barely talk much less stand from all the pain meds I was on.... No job is worth that in my opinion. My husband is being very supportive and thinks I need a break from the kids...and it's not a money issue so I just don't know.
nieba
on 8/9/12 12:26 pm - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
Since you mentioned insurance I am assuming that this is your husband's insurance? In that case, I wouldn't say anything until a job offer comes in...if you want it.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

PrettyEyes_41
on 8/9/12 12:37 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
My Dr scheduled me off for 3 weeks because I had a hiatal hernia repair along with my vsg. I ended up taking 4 weeks because I got an intestinal infection and the medication made me sick. They quickly changed it and I was back on my feet in a day or two but still took the extra week just to get my strength back. I have a very active job.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Wiasbeck
on 8/9/12 1:13 pm - NV
If your insurance hasn't approved it yet I wouldn't say anything. When you have a surgery date I would let them know you are having surgery and will need between one and two weeks off. I know many people who are back to work after only one week. And seeing how it is part time work, that might be easier to go back to after a week. Good luck.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
SuzanneR
on 8/9/12 2:16 pm - Randolph, NJ
Well...technically you don't have to explain anything. You can hust take the job and when you have your surgery tell them something came up and you just found out you need surgery...I know it's not truthful and I hate to lie myself but if you don't think you'll be out of work long they may not mind...you are in a rough spot. They can't know why you are having surgery beause that would be a HIPAA violaton, they aren't allowed to ask either. I wish you much luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views