Vitamins ?'s

shaymo
on 8/7/12 5:30 am - CA
I called my doctors office to ask this question but they are on vacation till the 19th of Aug. I just want to know when I can take my 5 vitamin pills again. Plus 1 Biotin pill. Do I crush them all? Do I take them at different times? I guess I would. I understand if you don't feel comfortable answering. Guess I will have to wait till they are back. My surgery was July 17th. Frustrated.
        VSG 7/17/12
Ms Shell
on 8/7/12 5:33 am - Hawthorne, CA
I was cleared to take pills I believe around 1 month.  When I started I just popped 1 pill at a time, as it was hard enough getting water down.

Pills you can't take together or Iron and Calcium

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Lisa S.
on 8/7/12 6:22 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I am 4 weeks out. I started taking them last week. My instructions from my doctor said 2 weeks out. I waited an extra week

emelar
on 8/7/12 6:35 am - TX
I was taking small pills in the hospital.  Never told to crush anything.

The ones with restrictions are calcium (1500mg a day/no more than 500 at a time separated by at least 2 hours) and iron (don't take within 2 hours of calcium or food containing a lot of calcium).  Calcium and iron enter the bloodstream on the same receptors, and calcium usually goes first.  So taking iron with calcium means you're not really getting all the iron you should.

I still use chewables for multi and calcium and aspirin regimen.  Just seems easier.  The rest of what I take are pills and capsules and I never had any problem getting them down.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views