The journey begins and GREAT news!

ParisGirl
on 8/3/12 10:12 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Hey all! Hope you are having a fab day!

My day began with the 1st step in my WLS journey: physical with the bariatric group. It turned into more of a chat than anything. I just had a complete physical with my PCP in June.

The NP went over my meds, history, and what I wanted out of surgery. She was impressed with how I've stayed on top of my health over the years (minus the weight issue, of course) - having physicals, getting bloodwork regularly, compliant with meds, seeking and continuing psychiatric and psychological care, etc...

She ordered same day lab work to test my B12 levels and for H Pylori. She also referred me to start the nutrition component of the program, along with the behavioral component. While my insurance only requires a 3 month multi-disciplinary program this process will take 6-9 months.

I'm hoping I can use this time to lose more weight. I've already dropped 13 lbs in 4 weeks by taking part in the bariatric boot camp they offer (2x p/wk) and modifying my eating habits (I cut out caffeine, sugar and gluten). I am ready for changes!!!

AND if the day wasn't great already - I was offered (and accepted) a job today!!! I was laid off in January. I have enjoyed my time off and always stayed positive. I had my first interview on Tuesday and at the end of my 2nd interview this afternoon they offered me the job. AND it gets better. I gave them a range for my salary requirement and they came in at the very top of the range!!! WooHoo!!!

I'm not a religious person, but feeling very blessed today!

Thanks for letting me share. Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Feystorm
on 8/3/12 10:14 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Congratulations!  That sounds like an incredibly great and exciting day.  Best of luck (and hard work) on your new program!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

ParisGirl
on 8/3/12 8:39 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
Thanks!! I'm ready for the hard work and new life!

RPick67
on 8/3/12 10:16 am
VSG on 06/11/13
Sounds like things are going well for ya.  Good for you!!  Congrats!!

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

ParisGirl
on 8/3/12 8:41 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
Thanks! Love that the sun is shining down on me!

Italian-Princess
on 8/3/12 10:49 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Welcome to your new life!   Good for you on all counts!  Keep us posted on your progress!

ParisGirl
on 8/3/12 8:43 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
Thanks so much! I can't wait to share more of my experience.

KELLY H.
on 8/3/12 12:31 pm - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 Your story is very similar to mine! I was laid off in March (medical field) and I am still looking but it's a blessing because I was able to get on state insurance (my job didn't offer it) and now I am on my way to get the surgery.  I will stay on unemployment until I have the surgery unless a job offers insurance that covers it.   I HAVE to do this now.  It's time,  I just feel it in my bones.  

I have to do 6 months with my PCP though which is a bummer because I feel like the days are just dragging by.  

Good luck on your journey!

ParisGirl
on 8/3/12 8:51 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
Sorry to hear you're out of work, too. But it sounds like you're doing something positive with your time.

I wish I had started the WLS process when i first got laid off. But better late than never!

Goo luck to you and stay in touch!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 223 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 302 views